Another great timing on my part.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Two nights ago I woke up in a pool of sweat completely over heated. I'm thinking a hot flash. Nope...still have a 103 degree temp. Can't eat, can't sleep, hurt all over. Here's the kicker - I'm supposed to start my new job tomorrow at 4am!

I can't go in with a high fever especially right now with the Swine scare. I guess I'll just wait until the morning and have to call in sick if it doesn't break. Argh.

Abbey

klmno

I had this happen once- I called in to "warn them that I was sick but planning on still coming to work unless they wanted me to wait". They told me to stay home because they didn/t want to catch anything. This tactic looked better than just calling in saying I couldn't come.

Sorry to hear you're sick- I sure hope it isn't the swine flu!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Yik........and Witz thought there was something in OUR water...bleck.

Hope you feel better Abrahcadabrah.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ohhh... I hope it's not the piggy bug! Get some rest and drink your fluids... DON'T go in to work... DO call and tell them you have the plague! They'll be glad you stayed away.

Andy

Yikes! Missing the 1st day of work! That is bad. However, what is far worse is our Abbey very very sick. :( You stay home and take care of yourself. This icky flu stuff is going around and employers know it. I am sure they will hear it in your voice that you are not starting the job out by skipping the first day of work to have fun.

Then call the nurse of your doctor. I am sure they don't want you going in, however, she will give you guidelines as to when to go in. I hear there is nothing docs can do with this H1N1 unless you start dehydrating or whatever else happens you would normally go to the ER or hospital for.

Drink plenty of fluids and get lots of rest. That fever is a high number (mainly why you should call in). Diva has a less severe case with her temp 100.4 up to 101.

When you do go back to work - wear a pig mask (it is Halloween season, sure you can find one) and tell everyone you were so sick you are starting to turn into a pig. Carry a basket of apples and offer to everyone. Whoever takes one, say, "You know, apples are one of pigs favorite foods, are you sure you are not coming down with anything?"

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Arr! The Scurvy is amongst us all!

I am so sorry. Please drink the fluids, did you put the call in?
Wait a minute! So you have had this fever for 3 days now? DO you still have one this high? That is not good. I would at least go to a doctor in a Box or call and ask about the lengthy HIGH fever.
They might want to run a check on it. They are running cultures to see if if it is Swine Flu to track it's travels... those buggers can migrate fast!

I hope the fever has gone down

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yes, I went in . Just got back. Three nights in a row without sleep, but my fever was only 99 this morning. Since I was already up (haha) I decided to go. Looks like an awesome company to work for!

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hope you're all well now Abbey.

Yeah, what Suz asked...........What's the job?? Gawd I feel sooooo out of the loop.

((hugs))

Abbey

Spork Queen
It's working at Target in their shipping and receiving department. 4am-11am. I just got back...got the load done early and I AM POOPED!!! I have a newfound respect for people who do this. My legs were shaking so bad going home I could barely drive.

A typical load day goes from 4am to 11am, but the last four weeks they went overtime until at least 12:30pm. We work in a team of 4, then split into teams of 2. Now, imagine your SuperTargets. They are massive. Our team of four was responsible from the right side of the store all the way back , then a bit past the mid part of the store all the way back. We kicked ****!! We were done at 10:40. I think the store manager was pleased. (Womans/Mens wear, boys/girls wear, baby stuff, toys, shoes...ugh...jewelry, accessories, intimate apparel, $1 aisle...I can't even remember the rest.)

But, I'm paying for it now. I was sweating by 4:15. My partner looked at me and laughed. She said, "Get ready for the ride honey!" I was soaking wet the entire shift. Next time, no makeup or hair being done. Guess no gym for me!:peaceful:

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LMAO Abbey

I filled in at Meijer's doing that for a few days to help a friend out and to fill out my own schedule. Working toys could be bad, especially when it came to stocking and the big items that are heavy. But it didn't compare to that job!! I never complained about the toy dept again.

No makeup, hair in ponytail (if long), oldish clothing.........I dunno about you but I got filthy doing that. And no, you're not gonna need a gym membership. It's one heckova workout! :D

Hope you take a nice long very hot bath and soak.

Hugs

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Abbey... I am so rolling here... I used to work in Chargebacks at Target... Later with the Flow Team, on Planograms and then as the Price Change Level 2.

My BFF, W, used to be my boss. She now works with me again. My other BFF, E, used to work with W and I, and another person I work with now, S, used to be there too.

I remember the backbreaking work... Helped open several local stores... LOL I miss it sometimes!

Abbey

Spork Queen
That's what I'm on...the flow team. (As I write this my back is KILLING me.) Very nice store, though.

Abbey

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
And, yes, backbreaking is definitely the word for it. But say goodbye to that gym membership. I was so in shape---!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abbey,
I'm glad you are feeling better. The work sounds really hard but sounds like you are happy with the company!

Star*

call 911........call 911
You won't be on Flow team long - I give you about two weeks before they move you to manager or demo lady. ;) It doesn't take long for anyone, anywhere to see your potential and scoop you up.

Unless you like this kick butt work out job and then that's just where you will be. :anxious: - But no doubt with modifications and super cool work out music.

Congrats on the new job. :D - Maybe they'll let you take Skippy - OMG I just realized there's a spork freak Skippy too.....Weird....coincidence? I think NOT.