Another one who needs prayers. Dad has lung cancer...

DammitJanet

I just got a PM on Facebook from a cousin who asked me what was up with my dad. I said nothing as far as I knew. I admitted I hadnt been a very good dtr since I hadnt called him since my birthday in mid-January but I had been sick that entire time. She told me that she may have had the uncle wrong but someone told her one of the uncles was sick so maybe I should call him.

I did.

My step mom told me that my Dad has stage 3 lung cancer and they have been attempting to keep it from me until they found out exactly what was going to be done and how long he would have.

I am in tears and devastated. I cannot imagine losing this man. I simply cant. He will be 84 tomorrow.

Please rattle beads, light candles, pray...whatever you do. I cant lose him yet. Im not ready.

klmno

Ohh...Janet, I'm so sorry. I don't know what else to say. I'm sending many hugs to you and prayers for him and all the family.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm sorry. Give yourself some time to process all of this information.
Your dad was thinking of you by waiting.
Hold on to him and love him all you can for as long as you can.

Last edited:

slsh

member since 1999
Oh Janet... I'm so sorry to hear this. A big old hug to you, my friend. Hopefully the docs will be able to come up with a plan to take care of this problem.

Dads are.... our dads. I know mine is still my ultimate hero. Sending up many good thoughts for yours, Janet.

everywoman

Janet, I'm so sorry. I lost my dad in 1999. He was only 57 at the time. My best friend just found out that her dad has lung cancer also. I'm praying for some healing and restoration of health. God bless you all.

Lothlorien

I'm so sorry, Janet. I will be praying for your dad. There is hope. My uncle was given three months for lung cancer. God just wasn't ready for him. He was healed and lived a three more years. When he died, it wasn't from cancer, but from an infection that was completely unrelated. Will keep your dad in my prayers. Sending big hugs and healing thoughts for your dad.

DDD

Add me to the many who are sending caring thoughts and lots of prayers your way. I'm so sorry. Hugs. DDD