Another ONLY YOU moment....ack

Star*

call 911........call 911
Finances being what they are and DF not able to work and nearly all his money going to medical each month - the pot is looking sparse. And I don't like to live pay to pay, but the lesson I learned by NOT being able to have a hysterectomy this month was SAVE SAVE SAVE.

I've been looking for a PT job in the evenings after my full time job. I actually got hired at one place but it's hard work and only minimum wage. And when I tell you HOOPS had to be jumped through to qualify for this min. wage job - I mean fire hoops and drug tests and background check. Crazy. (now we know where the better than minimum wage raise has gone)

So yesterday I applied on line for a job working 2nd shift. It would be loads more than minimum wage (guessing by the qualifications) and I could do it 4 days a week. NO weekends....other PT job is evenings after my other job 5:30 - 8:30 and weekends.

So I emailed my resume (thinking how bright I am) and it came back undeliverable. Some places actually do this to get you to come IN if you are serious. It also said you could fax. -I have a fax at home so I did. Then thought on my lunch today - I will go get a Burger, leave it in the car and find this place and go introduce my cheery self.

So I did - (what was I thinking? Chocolate shake) in 90 degree heat. But I left it, went in and asked if they got my resume. YES! Good, do I need to fill out anything else? Yes - here is OUR application and give me your drivers license. WOW - So I'm thinking I'm at least being considered. And at this point thinking - I don't see tons of people showing up. Huh.....odd...so many out of work.

So I finished, said my good byes and left. Get out to my car (parked in the first customer spot_big no no, I know but I was in a hurry) and my car WILL NOT START. I pop the hood just as a man walks out. He's impressed that I could even get the hood up. Then I moved a few things, tugged on a few wires, tried it again - almost....same thing - and while I'm there I said "Well this is NOT how I had this hour of my life planned, and laughed." He said "Doesn't seem to be tight - you need to get a wrench and fix that." (Um I know this) but I said 'OKAY when I get back to the office I'll take your advice and fix it," and then it cranked.....he walked off, I smiled told him to have a great day - and in my rear view mirror....on his Vanity plates is the name of the company....OMG that was the OWNER.

Great........Well for once...I am glad that despite having an always reliable but TODAY unreliable car that yes I can fix.......I was cheerful and didn't curse, or be miserable or hate the car. Instead I told this man It was broken, I fixed it myself, and I was cheerful while I did it. FINGERS CROSSED that my angel did this so this man would REMEMBER me.

Only me - swear to the sky - ONLY ME.

Oh and the hours? M-T 4PM - 2AM. They think it's data entry - YEAH.

So M-F I'd work from 8AM - 4 PM (have to leave 1 hour early)
and M-T I'd work 4PM - 2 AM.....(2 am OMG what have I done? - hopefully boosted my bank account to the moon) I can do this. ;):anxious:

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
Are you serious?! So four days a week you would have SIX HOURS from the time you get off work to the time you have to be back at work? :surprise:

God bless you, Starbie - I don't think I could do it. But if you can pull it off, who knows, it may be just what you need to get your mind off other, er... non-productive topics. Who knows, maybe you can save enough for you and DF to take a nice little getaway :beach:

Sounds like you made a good first impression on the owner. Good luck!

Genny

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Only one good thing from such a schedule.......no time to SPEND money....... you will be sleeping........ maybe if the 2nd job pays better you could quit the 8-4 job? Hope you make enough to get by......

klmno

That seems pretty stressful- I think I'd rather deliver pizzas or something. I don't know how you can keep your strenght up doing that.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie, I have a very good feeling you'd be unforgetable to anyone. You just have that sort of personality, dear. But this time, I'd say it was a good impression that was out of the ordinary so yeah, he's gonna remember. When things work out that way I tend to believe it was mean to be.

And if it's meant to be, you'll find a way to manage both jobs and get your head back above water. But M-T you're gonna get up, go to work, come home, and go to bed. So we'll miss you terribly M-T.

Keeping fingers crossed you get that call.

Hugs

muttmeister

Well, I don't think I could do it but I know it can be done. My cousin, who is 5 years older than I am, works at a bank 9-5 and she needed a new car so she went to work for the IRS from 6-2:30. Did it for a couple of years. It was pretty stressful but she got through it and bought herself a new Mini Cooper.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think - I have got to find a way to be able to do this. THe other job is at a dollar type store PT. And minimum wage. I liked the part where she didn't even discuss how much I'd start at just 'assumed' $7.50 an hour was okay -

Isnt' min. wage $7.55 - must look that up.

Anyway I think I could do this - and have to -

I got angry after my Mom left that things had gotten to the state that they are in. I got angry that I can't afford to have the 6 weeks off work and /or afford the hysterectomy with my $440 a month insurance plan.

I got angry that I'm 44, and drive an 18 year old car with faded paint, no a/c, the windows don't work, the head liner is torn and waves at you because you have to have the windows down......but I'm lucky I have a car. But it made me angry that my Mom had to ride in it, in 92+ heat.

I guess I finally got angry enough to stop whining and do something....anything. And here's the kicker.......

I've had my house 10 years.....and never been late with the mortgage more than a week or so. Last month I forgot to pay Aug. When I realized what I had done I wrote out a check for Sept, & August and sent it right away with a note that said I just forgot. In the mail tonight I got a registered letter that states they are coming to inspect the property, and blah blah blah......send cashiers check TODAY .....blah blah......and when I tried to call them? They are closed. But it amazes me that I have never been late, forgot one month and I didn't get a nice HEY you forgot? Nope I get a WE'RE GOING TO Start forclosure proceedings unless......WTH?

You would think they'd at least have made an effort to call me as a good customer and say "Is something wrong?" nope - just GET IN THE HANDBASET YER GOING TO HELL. Gosh thanks.......and how long was the ride? 34 days? Nice.

:faint:

klmno

OH- this sounds like they are going to say they didn't get the check that gets you caught up. It (insert many vacuums here). I think these companies are getting this way due to the market and all the trouble they're in for previous bad mortgages. I'm sorry Star. Is there a way you can prove that the payment was no more than a month late? Check the bank and see if and when it cleared or something.