Another psychiatric hospital stay

jodyice

Hi everyone.
difficult child is back in psychiatric hospital again. He was evaluated in our local emergency room Friday between 3:30-7:30pm then transported to the psychiatric hospital at 10pm. husband and I were there until them admitting him at 8:30 this morning.
This time he didn't come after me, but went at his dad, tried to push him down the steps, good thing husband was holding onto the rail or he would had went down backwards. He then stated he was trying to kill husband.
He was escalated from the time he came home from school yesterday and wouldn't calm down even with ativan and zyprexa in his system. He also bit the h*ll out of both his arms, they're both swollen.
psychiatrist at hospital wasn't even wanting to admit him, because from the time we were there, until they interviewed him, he finally fell asleep and calmed down, I insisted he stay and signed him in. Not sure how long he will be in but perhaps this will help push it one step closer to Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) placement. I feel like a horrible parent saying that, but then, I don't know how much more husband and I can handle. At least physically husband can handle it better than I can.
These episodes are just coming closer and closer together. I hope there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Thanks for always being here to listen.

KateM

Joanne, so sorry to hear this. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.It certainly is disheartening to hear of the frequency of these episodes. I hope you get to see your"Light" soon! Take care and use this time to recharge.

kris

i'm so sorry, joanne. this is so stressful for your entire family.

as sad as it is that he had to be hospitalized again it does help build a strong case for Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

in our thoughts.

kris

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Joanne,

Praying that this hospitalization finds some stability for your difficult child.

Keeping you & your entire family in my thoughts.

On_Call

Joanne,

Adding my positive thoughts and sending hugs to you. Here's hoping that this stay will bring you the light you're looking for and need.

I know this is a terrifically difficult time for your entire family. Try to catch up on your rest, if you can.

busywend

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. I know it is hard on the mommy heart, but you have to do what you have to do.

HUGS!

jodyice,

I'm so sorry you're going through this!!! I think you definitely did the right thing by making psychiatrist admit difficult child!!! You are not a horrible parent for feeling that difficult child needs Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) placement!!! No one should have to live with violence and be afraid of being hurt by their own child!!! difficult child needs help!!! You need to feel safe in your own home!!!

I hope the psychiatric hospital stay helps difficult child. While others are taking care of difficult child, please use the time he is out of your home to take care of yourself!!! :bath: :smile: :smile: :flower:, etc...

I'll be keeping your family in my prayers :angel:... WFEN

givnmegryhr

I know how hard it is, but necessary. I hope your husband's arms are ok. Ouch! I know what its like to be bitten hard. Still have a "vampire" scar . (It seriously has two hole marks). I'm just wondering , of course I'm not a psychiatrist, if the zyprexa was given at small doses throughout the day, if that would help his temper? We have our son on Risperdal 4xs a day bigger doses at harder times of the day. It is starting to poop out so zyprexa is at the top of the list if we need to change. Just an idea you might want to ask his psychiatrist about. I hope he gets stable soon. Take this time to relax and regenerate. But you already know that.