Another recipe

Fran

Former desparate mom
I got this from the SparkPeople site. I'm one of those weird folks who like cottage cheese so this is perfect for me. Thought I would share. :)

Wonderful Stuffed Potatoes

Serves: 8
Serving Size: 1/2 potato each

Baked potatoes stuffed with seasoned cottage cheese are a lavish low-fat, low-cholesterol, low-sodium treat.

INGREDIENTS
4 medium baking potatoes
3/4 cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
1/4 cup 1% milk
1 teaspoon dill weed
3/4 teaspoon herb seasoning
4-6 drops hot pepper sauce
2 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
1. Prick potatoes with fork. Bake at 425� F for 60 minutes or until fork is easily inserted.
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out potato leaving about 1/2 inch of pulp inside shell. Mash pulp in large bowl.
3. Mix in by hand remaining ingredients except parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
4. Sprinkle each top with 1/4 teaspoon parmesan cheese.
5. Place on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.

NUTRITION INFO
Calories: 251
Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 49 g
Protein: 9 g

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Fran,

I love the SparkPeople site & their encouragement & recipes. I also love cottage cheese - I eat it with dill weed & tomatoes on an almost daily basis. Love it!

This recipe sounds wonderful - going to have to try it out. Even if I'm the only one in the house who partakes.

Thanks for sharing - I haven't been able to keep up with either this site or SparkPeople for a couple of months.

LittleDudesMom

Fran that sounds real good. I don't have my WW point finder because I'm out on the patio on my laptop since the five cleaning ladies have take over the house, but based on the nutritional information you gave, I would have to say that potatoe is about 5 points on WW (I'm assuming a serving is 1/2 a potato). That's actually a lot for a side dish, but I think I'll try it. I also love cottage cheese and will probably sub fat free milk and cottage cheese to lower the fat and calories. It's not so bad if you leave out the meat protein and have a nice big salad on the side or another veggie side dish.

I have to go over and check out that site!

Sharon