ANOTHER Storm Warning? REALLY? It's the middle of March!

BusynMember

Anyone else? Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it snowed and melted the next day, like it often does here in the Midwest. We will have a freakish day where it's maybe 32 and it will snow and the next day it will be 50 or 60 and melt and then we may get another freakish day later in March and the snow melts right away.

Well, it's freezing today and it isn't going to get any warmer anytime soon. My daughter went snow tubing with her friends and came home shivering. So it's not just snowing, it's still COLD. Yes, I like four seasons and am not a big hot weather fan, but I need a break too. Enough is enough. Will we ever get our spring?

Anyone else experiencing continued strange weather? Californians need not reply to this thread :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This weather is not being kind to my sinuses. 70 degrees one day and 30 or less the next is a migraine waiting to happen. Not to mention snow. Now that batch has melted and there is a new system (actually 2 I think). The one tonight, well the maps have me confused. One has us right in the snow, another has us in thunderstorms. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

And yes, it's COLD out there. Weather channel says we're at 31. All I can say is that is a mighty COLD 31. Maybe it's the wind.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
We're under storm watch up here in the Northwoods. MWM, I don't know where in WI you live, but up here heavy snow in March is the norm. We're holding in the twenties during the day and still going down to single digits at night.

We don't drive 4-wheel drives up here because it's cool. We NEED them. I've got 8 feet of snow piled up alongside my driveway that won't melt off until May.

BusynMember

Are you in upper Wisconsin?

I'm in central Wisconsin and we also drive 4X4 because we have to, but it usually doesn't extend into the middle of March.

Lisa, I know it's pathetic to be jealous of a thunderstorm, but if you've had them then it means it was warm enough to rain. We haven't hit the 50's yet, I don't think, and not many days near 40 either. It is the longest winter of my life. Not to say that your weather doesn't sound horrible too...it does!

While I often say, and mean, I wouldn't want to live with warm weather all year around, I most certainly don't want COLD weather a nd snow year around either!!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I hate the heat, though 35 below windchills get old, too. I'm one county south of the border with the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. You're "down south", LOL! This storm warning is only calling for 4" of snow and a lot of wind with it.

So long as my plow guy makes it out to do the driveway, I'm good to go. My vehicle can make it out no problem, but it makes schlepping the garbage out to the street a real headache.

buddy

a few years ago we had no spring and summer never got hot. Ipray that wont happen again. we're under a storm watch in the Twin Cities too.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I miss Florida right about now. Not the messed up politics and screwy school systems, but the climate and family and friends I could visit. *sigh* I never knew what winter really was until I moved north. Hate it. HATE IT. Ready for warm weather!

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
I'm jealous of all of you. We are in a BLIZZARD WARNING late tonight through Tuesday morning. 3-4 inches of new snow and winds 30-50 mph with temps "maybe" reaching lower 20's. Our snow was finally starting to melt. UGH I am soooo ready for winter to be over.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'd rather winter storms than spring severe weather. I live in a mobile home and high winds, let alone the thought of a tornado, give me the willies.

Summers can be rough, too. Basically, I live in a metal box and with the hot summer and springs we got the past few years, it was miserable. I finally found a place that sells air conditioners that fit in casement windows and put one in my bedroom. At least that way, I can hide out in my bedroom when it's hot.

DammitJanet

GN, how do you heat your mobile? If its electric, you should put a HVAC in and have central heat and air. If not, I have a couple of other ideas. If you have an indoor heating unit that you can turn a fan on to blow air through the house and this unit is located somewhere across from an outside wall, you can get a unit big enough to cool your house and mount in the wall across from that unit and then let that fan run to blow the cold air through the house. You just get someone to cut a hole in the mobile home the size of the window unit. We had one of those in one of our trailers. In another trailer we got a very large window unit, I think it was over 20,000 BTUs and we put it in the living room window and we ran it straight to the electric box with a 220 thing. Tony did all that.

I do know how horrible it is to sit in a tin can. It is something that I simply cannot live in.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Janet, I have gas forced air heat. I replaced the furnace in October, but couldn't afford to add central air conditioning. What I have now is adequate, or at least liveable. My trailer is 37 years old and not worth throwing that sort of money into.

TerryJ2

Actually, this was very normal when I grew up in MN. The only difference was that it was always a huge snowfall, heavy and wet. You could barely shovel it with-o throwing out your back. Mushy and yucky. And then it would freeze and if you were lucky, it would freeze on top of already chunky snow, so the car tires could grab onto it. If not, it was slick and dangerous. And h*ll for parking. Just when you thought you were in the right spot, you'd hit a raised chunk of ice and slide right into another parked car.
This is when the jonquils and tulips start to peek through the snow, though. :) And there are some 40 degree days. I'd walk home from school with-my coat over my arm and think it was downright balmy!
Take care.

Wiped Out

Staff member
This winter does seem to be d.r.a.g.g.i.n.g. Thankfully in South Central Wisconsin we are only suppose to get 2-3 inches of snow but right now, even that is too much. They are calling for a high of 19 degrees on Wednesday-the first day of spring!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Don't forget, there was this rodent out in Pennsylvania that said we were supposed to have an EARLY spring.

Jody

I am so ready for Spring. I love to sit outside with my dog and flowers and hear the birds chirping. We had a 60 degree day on Friday but this weekend wasn't quite as warm and was rainy. It's dreary today, go figure and this up and down temperature is definately messing with sinuses. I live in a mobile home also, and the thought of storms and tornado weather also makes me nervous.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We just wound up with some rip roaring thunderstorms and heavy rain. I guess that is better than ice/snow. Although my yard is a swamp. And Maggie would've much preferred the snow.......turns out she is terrified of storms.