Another Suspension - 11 days in total now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iloveturtles

They are completing the paperwork for the manifestation determination. Still don't know how that works. Someone determines if it is because of his disability that he is getting suspended. I am still trying to understand how they determine that. Some magic formula I guess.:sick:

Now they are talking about a triage team.

What do they use as the criteria for determining if it is from his disability?
What disability do they use?
The one that is used for his eligibility?
The said it is only the last incident that is used to determine if it is from his disability??? Why only the last one?:confused:

dadside

You should find the article at http://www.wrightslaw.com/info/discipl.mdr.strategy.htm helpful. The only things I'd add might be disabilities you've documented but that were not listed in his IEP for some reason. If they are acknowledged in the IEP they should "count", even if they are not central to how he is classified for eligibility. As for looking at only the last incident, I imagine because it put them over 10 days and thereby calls for the determination. However, I presume prior incidents were roughly comparable and need not be excluded if they support your position (see the article).

I

iloveturtles

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I wanted.

Also, the Dr in charge of the "camp" that Cody attends after-school 1 day a week during the school year, and for 3 to 4 weeks during the summer (day time only) will be attending the meeting with me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.