Another year older and hopefully another year wiser.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
With each New Year I can’t help but look back at my life. How far I’ve come and hopefully how far I will continue to go. I see a wonderful comparison of my life and that of a tapestry.

I look at the tapestry of my life and there is so much detail woven into the fabric of who I am.

A tapestry is made up of a base thread that is the backbone of the tapestry and other fine threads that create the “picture”.

There are parts of my tapestry that clearly show signs of wear, there are parts that show a beautiful picture, and there is the part that is still on the loom being woven.

When I look at the worn parts of my tapestry I can also see the base thread, the backbone beneath the picture. I see that even though there were times in my life that wore me down, there was always a foundation of strength. I never realized just how strong I was until the threads of my tapestry started to unravel and the base thread was revealed.

Some of the worn areas are being restored and I delight in seeing the once worn and faded picture coming forth with a renewed beauty.

I hold a hope that more worn areas can be restored but accept that restoration may never be. There are some holes in my tapestry but the base threads, the backbone, my strength has held the tapestry together.

I look at the loom as my future is being woven and await it with enthusiasm. I know there will parts of my tapestry that will become worn and will unravel but I know the base threads are there, my strength is there.

I will forever be grateful for the worn areas of my tapestry as they revealed my underlying strength. As I look at my tapestry I see a picture of my life that is filled with everything from exhilaration to devastation. As each new thread is woven into place I await the lessons I will learn.

I wish you all a wonderful New Year.

upload_2018-1-8_13-17-49.png

newstart

Happy New Year Tanya. Words that you just wrote can only be written by someone that has experienced huge pain. Thank God for your base threads.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Tanya, beautifully said, thank you....

I hope this year brings more exhilaration, more colors and more textures into your already handsome, priceless tapestry.

Your presence here is a gift for all of us.

Happy, happy New Year to you.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Beautiful!

It is amazing how strong we are when we really think about it.

Helluva way to get there though isn't it?

SeekingStrength

When I look at the worn parts of my tapestry I can also see the base thread, the backbone beneath the picture. I see that even though there were times in my life that wore me down, there was always a foundation of strength. I never realized just how strong I was until the threads of my tapestry started to unravel and the base thread was revealed.

Some of the worn areas are being restored and I delight in seeing the once worn and faded picture coming forth with a renewed beauty.

Thank you, Tanya. And, Happy New Year to you, Sister.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Happy New Year Tanya. Remember sometimes he best bits are the ones that are worn and tattered, because they have been held together with love and hope.

A literal tapestry is an intricate or complex combination of things or sequence of events.
"a tapestry of cultures, races, and customs" Life.

An exceptional comparison Tanya. As this is a tapestry that we have woven and we display this tapestry to share with others to help then through these turbulent times.

You have a very rich and beautiful tapestry.

:bpotd:

youngfool

Happy New Year Tanya. Remember sometimes he best bits are the ones that are worn and tattered, because they have been held together with love and hope.

A literal tapestry is an intricate or complex combination of things or sequence of events.
"a tapestry of cultures, races, and customs" Life.

An exceptional comparison Tanya. As this is a tapestry that we have woven and we display this tapestry to share with others to help then through these turbulent times.

You have a very rich and beautiful tapestry.

:bpotd:
Wow was feeling a little down today and just saw your post fabulous I love it feeling better now thanks Tanya