ant and his 6 months update

Sunlight

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>ant has been living with me for 6 months today, since the day he left jail. he never missed a day of work. he has been doing well. he pays his fines on time and has it down to about 6,000.00 left to pay off. he went to two DUI schools for two counties and has one to go in the last county-(he had underage DUIs in three diff counties)he still has to pay off all fines before he can even begin to go for the Interlock Breathalizer device for the car. before that he has to buy a car, get insurance and then maybe maybe he can get a work hours license. otherwise he lost his license til he is aged 34.

he is making friends... mostly women :hammer:, a guy he snowboards with and goes off road on quads with. He pays rent on time, keeps the fire going (we heat with wood), takes care of his son when Kaleb is visiting us. he eats a ton. he is always a skinny guy, but I laughed the other day because he is filling out now. he seems starved all the time.

he still has made no attempt to do his community service of 15 hrs. he seems to think he can get it all in at the last minute before May. I ignore that-he knows what he is expected to do. when I leave for a day or two I always seem to notice that the house is still standing, and he cleans up his own mess. so, he has made it thru six months. who woulda thunk? :wink:

</span>

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wonderful update! I hope it continues. Sounds like he's doing so well. :grin: :bravo:

As for putting off community service, might just be a bad case of procrastination. Hope time doesn't catch up with him before he can get it done.

Hugs

everywoman

This sounds so good Janet. I am glad he is doing what he "needs" to do. My prayer in the next 6 months will be that he begins to move into a new phase where he begins to build a better life for he and his son.

Sunlight

katmom, my goal also for the next six months is to get him in his own apartment. it is time. I do not mind him here at all, but I do not want him to get too settled in either...lol
it depends on what he can afford. I also realize if he has Kaleb, he needs me there more to transport Kaleb to the sitter while ant gets to his job.

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>6 months is a huge block of time to follow the rules for a difficult child. I am so happy for you to see such progress. Enjoy every minute of his success. You had to suffer his stumbles. I'm wishing for continued growth and success for him.
:bravo: </span>

lovemysons

I'm so happy for Ant and you...okay, all of society, lol.
Ya, I know these guys, wink. They are stinkers!!!

Hope continued success and one day at a time achievements for ant always. He's got a terrific mom and "people" in high places on his side.

with love,
lovemysons

Allan-Matlem

Thanks for sharing , sending positive thoughts and prayers that this success will breed further success. Maybe he could be encouraged to read or attend meetings that further emotional growth and self motivation. One of the important messages is to WRITE down , one's goals and a plan of action , checking this every day. The more one delays , the inertia sets in and the harder it is to do.
Allan

KFld

That is a great update. I feel the same about how my difficult child is doing, who woulda thunk it?????

Wishing

It is heartwarming to hear of Ant's progress. He is really growing up and finding his real strength.Thanks for sharing.

Sunlight

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'> <span style="color: #000099"> lmbo witz, b'gosh and b'gorra! you are right!! I never thought of it that way</span> </span> :grin: :bow:

Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you and Ant :smile:!!!

I always enjoy reading success stories... I'll keep you and Ant in my prayers :angel: that he continues along a successful path in life... WFEN