anthem song?

change

I'm having a hard year. Do y'all ever use music to get you through things? Lately my anthem song is army of me by bjork.

What's yours???

DammitJanet

I have a song for just about everything and ever different moment in time. I seem to live by music.

Right now my son, Jamie, who is getting ready to go to either Iraq or Afghanistan...his ringtone on my phone is " I just got back from a War" because I am refusing to believe anything else will happen but that he will come back. All the war songs get me in the gut though. Arlington...oh boy...that one really gets me. And the new one out by Carrie Underwood...Its only a dream...thats the song that he keeps harping on...says he cant help thinking that could be his wife and all of us attending his funeral...ARGH!

I have songs for other things too. The other kids...Tony...I could go on and on listing them...lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Kelly Clarkson---Because of you....

Oh, yeah. That one keeps me in college believe it or not. Whenever I start doubting what the heck I'm doing there........I listen to this song and it reminds me I'm not truely a product of my past. I've moved on.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I have songs for most every part of my life. I am not sure that I have one for right now though. Strange now I will have to think on that.

beth

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Change and Trinity you are in my mind!!! couple of my favorite songs!!!
Wilco.... almost any Wilco song can take me up or down. Because the lead singer writer of the band Jeff Tweedy has been in an institution and is open about his addiction, he writes from the heart... and they are a Chicago band.
I also love the Foo Fighters- Cold Day in the Sun ( I think that is the name?) it is on my i-pod...

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm one that has music or specific songs associated with different times or happenings in my life but I can't say that I have an anthem. There are times, though, when the song by Phil Collins (or Genesis....can't remember which) runs through my head and/or gets cranked when it comes on the radio because I'm on my last nerve with difficult child. It's I Don't Care Anymore.

house of cards

I don't know the title of my song, or even all the words...maybe one of you will know, but I keep singing the 2 lines I know over and over. "ooo ooo child, things are gonna get easier, ooo ooo child things will get brighter".