Anxiety.....help

susiestar

Roll With It
Paula, I know your doctor appointment is coming up. Here is a format to keep info about your child and all the things you try/go through straight and in 1 place. It is called Parent Input or a Parent Report. It is very helpful to keep in a big 3 ring binder with pockets added. You can make copies for doctors, therapists, etc.. I would be careful with what info I gave school, some times (not often, but often enough for caution) the info is used against us or our children.

http://www.conductdisorders.com/community/threads/parent-input-multi-disciplinary-evaluation.10/

I hope you can get the help you ALL need!

SRL

Is she getting Occupational Therapist (OT)? Have you been using Occupational Therapist (OT) calming techniques? Some ideas might be sipping through a straw, weighted blanket, rice pillow, deep pressure from a pillow, swinging, snacks that are crunchy or have resistance (licorice), etc.

Distraction was my best deterent for stuck thoughts--even something simple like a tic tac when you're about to make a hard transition or taking the child out when you see meltdown coming could turn the tide.