Any Avon Ladies?

witzend

Do any of you sell Avon and have any of the old "Skin So Soft" bath oil on hand? PM me if you do?

TIA!

witzend

Them and everything else. I figure it would be easiest to put an oil on after showering than trying to keep a spray with me all of the time. The sprays get on everything and get clogged up - they're just a bother. And my legs could use a little TLC!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Witz, if you can't find an Avon rep, look for a flea market... We have several and there's always at least one booth with tons of SSS stuff...

witzend

The website seems to be having a sale on the original SSS. The bottle looks a bit different from the one I'm used to, but as long as the contents are the same...

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.a...ept_id=344&dept_id=416&cat_type=B&pf_id=45417

Thanks, TR. That is the website I was looking at. I don't see how they can call this "Original Bath Oil" and "New Formula" all in one description. I read the user reviews and folks who liked the old product are not happy with the new...

"New Coke", anyone?

trinityroyal

I didn't see the "new, improved" when I posted the link.

I do wish companies would stop fixing that which ain't broke. Sigh...

Star*

call 911........call 911
There are a lot of things you can do to repel the State "bird" -

Plant marigolds, rosemary, citrosum plants - Mosquitoes hate the smells of all of those and there are lots of other plants you can put out - those just come to mind.

Citronella torches, candles, lanterns. Nothing smells like Summer - until you've inhaled one of those candles and most now come with lids to keep the oil fresh.

Bug zappers for mosquitoes

Don't wear dark clothing, if you do - tuck a couple BOUNCE dryer sheets in your ankle socks and the sleeves of your shirt. Most bugs in general HATE the smell of Bounce. (not too sure I'm all that fond of one of the scents - but when I worked in construction, Mom told me this - I tried it - GOT laughed at - and then everyone decided to "Try" the silly idea and eventually Bounce was a 'staple' on new construction sites. If it will avert bugs in a swamp - it should do okay in your backyard.

DUMP any standing outdoor water daily- stop breeding the lil buggers. And wash out bird baths, or hummingbird feeders frequently.

ALSO - for your pets? We use....(Pet Guard) by Virbac - wipe a little on the same cotton cloth rag - and just rub over head, legs, trunk .....

Off - sweat resistant - a must have for after the rain (like 2 days and WHAM)

Also - if you don't like to do ANY of the OFF things - you can mix essential oils like peppermint in a spray bottle with some garlic juice - Those things HATE garlic.

Hope this helps ---------We also used to rub the SSS on the screens of the patio and on the door......

I see they have these little OFF clip on things - don't know how well THEY work -but may be worth a try if you're a human dartboard.