Any dog owners out there???

susiestar

Roll With It
Before you make decisions, check out the laws in your state. When we lived in OH my daughter was bitten by a dog. The horrible woman who owned him "rescued" him from a friend who was going to put him down because he was aggressive. She was NOT part of a rescue group, just trying to be better than the other lady. She had NO training for him, and it was bad. The laws in OH stated that if you give away or pass along an animal that had been aggressive YOU are liable for anything the animal does from that point on. We had a cat that started biting. Couldn't place him, even through SPCA because we would be liable if he bit someone. That was a risk we could not take.

So check your laws, decide what you can do. But if you keep him, he has to KNOW youare incharge. Not sure how to do it, but a trainer will help.

Hugs,

Susie

DammitJanet

This breaks my heart to be honest. I adore boxers. In fact, I adore all the large breeds. I have owned boxers, mastiffs, pits and rotties. Mine were all gentle as lambs until we got one pit that was rescued from a fighting ring. That dog wouldnt attack people but he didnt like other dogs. He tried to attack my mastiff puppy and we had to put him down.

The pit that is.

We also had a mutt that belonged to my mom that suddenly out of the blue bit my oldest son after my mom went into a nursing home. We have no idea why he did it because it was without any sort of instigation that we can figure out. He just attacked. That dog was immediately taken to the pound to be held for the appropriate amount of time, then put down.

No matter how much I adore my dogs, I will never have one that bites. I cant. My dogs bark, they can be scary, but they wont bite or they are history. It is so upsetting but it is the way it has to be. I have a tiny child to think of.