Any family members want to shop PRONTO and CHEAPO for me?

DDD

I am in an overwhelmed whine mode. I have only been there done that twice in my life that I recall. It is not "life or death" but, by golly, I really would like to have some support. Retail therapy is not part of my life...BUT I have got to come up with the best buy I can get locally before Thursday.

IF you like shopping UGH! this is what I need and why. I hired a young man to clean my back porch this weekend so that the house won't be vulgar when the kids/gkids arrive Thursday for husband's 80th birthday celebration. The "girls" are going to be in charge once they are here BUT husband does NOT understand that our dog hairy house needs to be "decently" clean for company. The porch furniture is OLD. It has strap seat and back chairs with cushions that are primarily yellow. The cleaner messed up. The old custions have gone to Hades. I am (sadly) on a limited budget and since I work and am looking at real estate with difficult child#1 I don't have time to shop.

SO...I need inexpensive cushions available for pick up (zip 33870) at Home Depot or Lowe's or Walmart or Sears. The dimentions are approximately 21" seat width and depth and about 21" in both directions for the back. I can NOT afford top of the line. I need FOUR attached back/seat cushions that will blend with the yellow seats at the wrought iron table/chair set. on the other hand...I can't use dirt cheap aka tacky.

I am STRESSED, I am NEEDY. I have TOO much on my plate and I have a good man for a husband who just is not capable of "getting it". If any of you guys are looking for a project. I hereby identify myself as a worthwhile project tonight. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You mean like the old folding chairs with the wide mesh type straps? I miss those........cuz I think they're more comfy than modern stuff. (yeah ok I'm probably weird lol )

Sorry DDD, I'd do a scouting trip for ya but I wouldn't have a clue what I'm looking at. My patio chairs are the cheap plastic type and the ones that came with my patio set.......which thanks to cats look like crud too.

klmno

DDD, I had really nice cushions that I sold during my garage sale a couple of years ago....sigh....what a shame. It's too bad we can't have the forsight to see this coming! I sold them for almost nothing.

DDD

SOB, lol, klmno. I don't think it matters what material the chairs are made of. I honestly don't know what you call heavy plastic strapped outdoor chairs. This is NOT, lol, my best week.....I am frazzled. on the other hand the dimensions I provided should be helpful. The seat and the back are attached with "ties", the width is 21 or 22 inches as noted. I just need some blankin seat cushions. I'm having a "mini meltdown" as the pressure is getting to me. I looked on web sites and I honestly can't figure out what dimensions are described. Fortunately I can afford to charge (how sick is that??) but I do not have time to shop. Of course I don't want to pay eighty bucks for a cushion. I have four chairs without custions as of today and I need the blankin' chairs to have custions before Thursday. NOT skinny as from the Dollar General.........but not Martha Steward either.

I do believe I am FINALLY cracking up. I just can NOT find the energy to look thru web sites. Somebody in the family has got to think this is a fun challenge........please. DDD

klmno

The cushions I had were REALLY nice- tapered in shape, off-white background in a durable fabric with a subtle pattern of flowers/greeenery and very cushioned with straps to tie on the back....they came with a patio set with chairs like you describe- they were inexpensive and came with a clearance sell at Walmart online.

Are you opposed to another store if they deliver to your house? I find Lowes and Home Depot to be middle-of-the-road in price when they are on sale- many people can't afford that these days.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am looking for more for you- but when you say "cheap" have no idea of price range that is. I have the same outdoor chairs and always manage to find cheepies at these two stores - I replace them a lot because the dogs are the only ones who sit on this particular patio set - I have wrought iron table set and they don't like those chairs - too hard for them LOL Will check out some more and post.

Sometimes the web gets annoying because my computer knows where I live, and keeps giving me local stores so am glad you posted your zip

Marcie

Mattsmom277

Do you have local classified ads? You may be able to pick up cushions there for a song. Alternately, if there are super cheap chairs that are available and you may be able to reuse later or pass along (difficult children new house when he finds one?!?!) maybe go that route and store your others away for the party? How about taking pressure off and asking a friend to borrow chairs? Perhaps someone who can drop them off and then you could store yours and pick up cushions down the line when more inclined?

witzend

DDD, you'll pay WAY more for cushions than you would for decent new or used furniture. It's Columbus Day. There are sales everywhere. I think you might be over-thinking this.

DDD

LOL...I don't think I could "overthink" anything lately. BUT you all were really helpful. I had forgotten that we even have a Bed, Bath etc. and I had forgotten KMart might have them. I'll fly by there right after work and maybe...just maybe...I'll be able to pick up something that will work. The chairs are PVC. Last night I couldn't even think of that name.

On a brighter note, the house is 1/3 ready for company to arrive Thursday. It will be great to have some of the children here for a long weekend. husband just does NOT get why it's necessary to vacuum and dust etc. "for the kids". I do NOT GET why husband's are.........husband's. LOL Thanks, family. DDD