Any guess....as to when you lost your mind?

Star*

call 911........call 911
when the cheese slid off your cracker? The mouse missed the hole and hit the wall? The elevator didn't make it to the top floor? Mickey D's made sure you were a french fry or twelve short of a Happy Meal? Mt. Olive left a pickle out of your jar? You were missing a brick off YOUR load? Kraft left out the cheese in your box of maccaroni?

I'm not sure I can actually pin-point my date....but as I've been trying to go back in time, and recount, recant, and reclaim my memory of days gone by? I realized something. I'm really a LOT tougher than I ever gave myself credit for. That and I'm missing a whole lot of food, a brick and I have an injured mouse.

Anyone Care to review the recalcitrant (there she goes again with that thesaurus) events plaguing their lives? I'm guessing at this point I should be receiving some type of award in the mail. Maybe we should print our own awards? Fancy emeritus, gold leaf, embossed, diploma things that show we really earned our humor, sage wisdom, sarcasm, pithy intellect - THE OLD SCHOOL way.

I want an award...dagnabit, not something that says: Take 2 as needed and seek professional help if your behavior becomes self-ridiculous. :laugh:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Don't know when it happened, but the first time I played BrainAge on someone's DS, I learned that my IQ tanks when the kids are in the room.

So, I'm guessing, there's a corelation there.

Just a guess.

I'll send you a trophy.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Chuckling. :) I think I lost mine about 1985. Tried like a mother to get it back since then. My behavior? haha...well, you know the story.

Someone take me away to a remote cabin in Seattle where I can grow my own food and write. ALONE. Get the frick gone after the drop off. Well, unless some of you want to come visit. I'd probably be a hoarder of pets so you'd have to put up with that, and maybe my awful guitar playing and singing. I'd probably have a few cows as milk is an absolute essential.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My mind is gone & I can pretty much name the date - 01/09/09. I no longer have the same commitment to advocate; nor do I care much about life. What more can be said.

klmno

My thin slice of cheese started sliding about 4 years ago, the mouse hit the wall about 20 months ago, and since then the top floor blew off, I can't afford the happy meal, and I can't even find my jar of pickles now.

graceupongrace

Maybe we should print our own awards? Fancy emeritus, gold leaf, embossed, diploma things that show we really earned our humor, sage wisdom, sarcasm, pithy intellect - THE OLD SCHOOL way.

I was thinking a medal might be more appropriate. A big, heavy one one made of real gold, hanging from a silk ribbon. :D

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
This would be a great reason for a get together! For an awards ceremony! Or a losing your mind ceremony.
Some days I wonder if I ever had one considering how it all started...
I thought i had lost all of my marbles a long time ago and then I find one more and manage to lose that one as well!

Marguerite

My date is non-difficult child related. It is the date I had my last tetanus shot, the day I cut my hand badly at work because of a professor's incompetence. And the day my immune system began to attack my nervous system. My brain turned to mush and my nerves turned to lines of pain. My muscles went soggy and haven't worked properly since. It was 25 September 1984.

Marg

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay well I'll try to stay on topic in this post... MY day was in the fall of 1999. I had three kids under the age of 5, I was still nursing my youngest and was exhausted all the time, my older two were difficult child's in the making, the oldest if which was nearly kicked out of preschool because they didn't know what to "do" with him, the middle one ran circles around me, and my difficult child spouse was making outrageous demands on me and our marriage was a breath away from divorce. Did I mention that no one was medicated at this point much less had a diagnosis to explain the bedlam our life had become? So my body started to revolt to let me know that my mind was next.

Mom2oddson

It happened a tiny bit at a time so that I didn't even know it was happening to me until I found myself yelling out conversations I'd love to have with people while driving alone to work. (I really need dark tinted windows in the summer)

As I look back, I think the first tilt in my cracker was two months into my marriage when I came home to husband on the phone with mother in law as she's chewing him out because difficult child-A isn't happy because I make him go to bed at night.

Another tilt came when I was told that in no way, shape or form was I allowed to discipline difficult child-A at her house. difficult child-A sat across from me at the dinner table, put a fork full of food on his tongue, then proceeded to turn the fork upside-down so that the food went back on his plate. (just thinking about it makes my head hurt). BUT, that was the day that difficult child-A learned that he has to come home with ME and that even though I can't do anything at mother in law's house.... Oh I still Rule at MY house. His tushy was grounded to his room the rest of the weekend!

The first time my little mouse hit the wall........ We were, again, at mother in law's house. She decided to dump all her rage onto me. I was trying so hard to be a good wife and respectful daughter in law.... so for 20 minutes I took all her yelling and screaming about how unfit I was, how because my Mom had done daycare for easy child, I had never learned how to be a Mom until I had her grandkids, How I needed mental help, and so on...but then she attacked easy child and I snapped. I got in her face, walking her acrossed the room and let her know that she was never to talk to me that way again and to keep her opinions to herself. And she flipped a switch, went from screaming banshee to a smiling happy person and said "I'm so glad we had this little chat." BOING!!! That was the sound my little mouse made. After that, he invested in a crash helmet!

Abbey

Spork Queen
My thin slice of cheese started sliding about 4 years ago, the mouse hit the wall about 20 months ago, and since then the top floor blew off, I can't afford the happy meal, and I can't even find my jar of pickles now.

Now that's just wrong. Everyone deserves a jar of pickles.

trinityroyal

It started sometime in the spring of 1971, I think. I was about 3, and they were giving me the second or third battery of verbal-and-spatial awareness tests. I was having fun making the pretty little coloured blocks match the pictures on the cards the nice lady kept giving me, and her eyes kept getting wider and wider as her mouth formed a little O shape. They didn't know much about Asperger's back then, so they must have written something along the lines of "Evil Genius" in my psychiatric chart.

My Grannie's death in 1981 blew the top floor off my house for a little while. Not only was she my mom-person, best friend, confidante and the best Grannie EVER, I was then left in the care of my schizophrenic mother, who was just entering the Tinfoil Hat years (I'm not joking either. She used to wear a little hat made of aluminium foil, under a red organza scarf).

I've never really been right in the head, but those things definitely had an effect.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, I was born a bit "off" (Okay...a LOT off), but my parents were pretty good at replacing the cheese when it started to slip. It wasn't until HS in the seventies when the bullying and hating started, that things slipped beyond what my parents could handle.

The mouse ran into the wall when husband died and I was placed on a cocktail of SSRIs and anxiety medications to deal with "complicated grief" (I guess I wasn't "getting over it" on schedule. This despite my sister and my (possible bio) father (my parentage on that side is in doubt. My mum had a rather poorly scheduled affair while dad was in Korea on deployment. Either he was my biodad or some two week fling was). But, my dad was bipolar as well.

Mum, two neices/nephews, an uncle, and my maternal grandfather are all on the spectrum.

I honestly think the combination of losing my husband and the medications kicked me into full blown bipolar when what I had before was a mild "mood disorder".

shellyd67

It was six years ago when the preschool teacher calmly told me difficult child was "different" I went into a severe depression for two weeks. You see, I had no clue at this point. I though I was the perfect mother and he was the perfect child. It took me a very long time to realize neither of those were true. I instantly attacked her credibility and thought she was an old goat who had no idea what she was talking about. Now we are friends and I value her opinion and advice immensly. Time sure does make such a difference.

tawnya

I think it happened about 16 years ago when I met husband and his family. I should have ran out of town instead of to him, changed my name to Mary Smith, and moved to Boise, Idaho.

I could still buy cheese and crackers at the Stop and Go there, and I'd betcha they have mice there, too.

Andy

When I decided that I wanted kids? Oh, wait, that should probably go in the venting thread.

Actually, during both pregnancies, I literally felt brain cells dying - I felt like I lost 1/2 my brain. Doing the math, that means I am functioning at 1/4 of my pre-children brain capacity! YIKES!!!

muttmeister

I've been (at least) one sandwich short of a picnic basket for so long that I can't pinpoint the date (maybe I was born that way) but it's been so long that I kinda relish the way that I am. In fact, I've decided that I'm the one who's normal and all of those other people are the one with the problem. Uh-oh, I think I've heard that that is a bad sign. But then, that's just something "those people" made up.:crazy2: