Any guess....as to when you lost your mind?

klmno

You ladies are cracking me up! This is a great thread, Star- I'm so happy to learn that I'm not alone!! by the way- I have sang and talked to myself while driving many, many times so whoever posted about that just remember- we can get those headphones that cell phone users have and no one will ever know that we aren't talking to another person.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Mstang invented the verbage:

IT'S NACHO CHEESE.........It's NOT YO' CHEESE.....

And hence she got NO cheese.

M

ML

I don't remember a time when I had cheese or wine. I sort of feel like I've been (nauseatingly some would say) putting a positive spin on things since I was a kid. My dad was an alcoholic and mom checked out when she lost a son and then had a second one 6 months later with the same congentitial birth condition. I was about 5. This son lived for 14.5 years before passing but was in and out of hospitals his entire life. Folks had their plates full and we were left to raise ourselves. I like to think our experience made us stronger and that we (brother and I) are survivors.

tictoc

I definitely lost my cheese in 1981, at age 7, when the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) started. The mouse hit the wall around 1990, with full-blown panic attacks. A few fries short of a Happy Meal in college, when the depression started. And, pickles? We don't have those in our house. Too many sensory and food issues to have pickles in this house.

Your options in our house are some dry crackers or a bun with no condiments.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Picnic BASKET?

I was supposed to have something to CARRY my sanity in? Stang, don't feel bad about the CHEESE!

Well, gee, that sort of explains it. The Swiss slid off my Patty Melt sometime as a child. I think it may have been repeated exposure to Jimmy Buffett while living in the desert. That, and the 8 years I spent in Catholic school. Plaid and nuns will get to you...

But the mouse... Well, the entire family of mice careened into a corrugated steel (do they make that?) wall on Halloween, 2003. This was my first date with husband - and Onyxx and Jett.

And in December 2004 I found one single yellow cat's eye marble in my Grandma's vanity. I think she bequeathed it to me so that I would never be able to say I had lost ALL my marbles. I still have that one. One...

svengandhi

April 16, 2004 for reasons I can't share with anyone. Since then, I have been mired in anger and depression. As for the cheese and crackers, I have eaten so many of them since that day that I've gained 50 pounds.

Jena

hmmm star how i've missed your posts!! :)

let me see, was it when I........

- began talking to myself

- answering myself

- or referring to myself in the 3rd person???

not remembering where the car keys are, where i'm supposed to be, where i am, or where i'm going??? :)

diagnosis Dillusional not otherwise specified

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
This is so hard to say. I bought my mouse a crash helmet in 2003 but he already had a bit of injury. He limps most of the time now. I fed him the cheese to bribe him to stay a few years before that. I think that is the same reason the happy meal is short. Darn mouse has taken a lot of bribery to stick around but darn it I didn't want to be lonely in here.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
...Does anyone else have "town hall" meetings in their head???

I got this phrase from Robert Fulghum - I think the book "Uh-Oh" - and, yup. That's me.

Let's see.....I lost most of my marbles growing up with a lunatic for a mother,never knowing what would happen next. Having to walk on eggshells all the time will do that to a kid.
But 2 years ago the cheese started slipping off the cracker when easy child did something that I had no control over. And never will, I still havn't recovered from that.

The only thing I can control is myself, and I'm doing a rather poor job of it. I've gone round the bend!

flutterby

Fly away!
Losing your mind implies that you had one to begin with. But since we are working under the assumption that we did, I'm going to say....I can't add. See? Proof I've lost my mind. I was born in 1973, so whatever year it was when I was 15. Although, I partially lost my mind 2 years prior, but I had started to get it back. Obviously not enough, or I wouldn't have lost it when I was 15. It's just been downhill since...

But, I'm really not sure how much I had to begin with. So, maybe it was no big loss? ;)

And svenghandi (((hugs))).