ANY ideas on what this could be????

F

flutterbee

This one has the doctors stumped. And it's driving me absolutely bonkers today.

About 2 weeks or less after the heart attack, I started to get this 'itch' in the middle of my spine. Very deep kind of itch, like in the bone where you can't reach it. It then progressed to the restless leg thing and it also goes into my arms and my arms. My joints need to be straightened hard and they itch very deep inside.

At first, I tried benadryl thinking it was some kind of allergic reaction. It didn't really help, but at least let me sleep so I was out of my misery. We tried Requip, but it only made the symptoms worse. We tried Lunesta so I could sleep despite this, but it lost it's effectiveness and I felt hungover. Now, I take .5mg klonopin at night and that usually does the trick. A few times - maybe once or twice a month - I have to take two .5mg klonopin to get it to stop, but it works pretty well.

Then there are days like today. They don't happen often. Less than once a month. It's the spine thing again and it's during the day which is unusual. It itches very deeply and my back wants to arch until it hurts. It takes physical effort to keep from arching. It's not a spasm, it's more like my body reacting to an irritant.

I took a klonopin earlier and slept for 5 hours. Woke up and still having the problem. I just took two more to try to get it to stop and get to sleep.

My doctors don't have a clue what this is, so they tend to dismiss it. They have never addressed it, instead focusing on the legs. Don't get me wrong, the legs are an issue, too, but not the only issue. Obviously.

Has anyone ever heard of this kind of thing? If so, have you found anything helpful?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
With the dawning of a new day...........

Heather, have you ever had the chicken pox? Has fam doctor or anyone else looked into shingles?

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Where is Dr. House when you need him? Sounds like a case right down his alley?

I would have guessed allergic reaction too, so got nothing for you but sympathy.

F

flutterbee

I wasn't on klonopin until a couple of months ago, so this proceeds the klonopin.

No lump or pus or redness. Just this infuriating itch and my body wanting to arch.

I have been tested in the past for STD's and came out clean!

I had the chicken pox when I was 3. No outward signs of shingles.

Still doing it today. Now my arms are getting involved. Elbows want to straighten and they itch in the joint. Knees, too.

Wonder if it could somehow be related to the steroids? But then, when this started, I had never taken steroids, so prolly not.

ARGH! It's so frustrating!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather the reason the shingles popped into my head was because of my Mom. She had no outward signs of it either. What she described is similar to what you're describing. Docs thought she was bonkers for a bit until she saw a new one and he said shingles. Then Mom though he was crazy. lol Cuz she had no outward signs. doctor said you sometimes never see the outward signs.

When I re-read your post this morning it suddenly hit me as to why the symptoms sounded familiar.

Hugs