Any NC, SC or VA folk check in

DammitJanet

there is a tornado, thunderstorm freight train heading up the eastern seaboard. Really sort of the I95 corridor. Lots of tornadoes touching down, straight line winds over 60 to 70 mph, hail, rain...etc.

Thankfully all we got was marble sized hail, lots of wind blowing my construction material around and rain which scared Keyana to death. Its not over yet but I think we are out of the woods. It is really bad in Fran's neck of the woods so I hope she is okay. There are reports of multiple hurricanes that touched down near her.

We have reports of two hurricanes just in my town. Sigh.

This is a huge storm and really bad.

Hope everyone is safe.

nvts

Hey Janet! I'm glad that it's settling down there - it's just been raining like a bugger here - there were stronger winds before the rain started, so it's a weird storm altogether!

Hope everyone is safe!

Beth

klmno

Oh great. I'll have to check the weather report and see the path and projected timeline. I wanted to go somewhere this evening, have errands to run tomorrow, and am due in NC Monday.

DammitJanet

It might be headed your way K. Depending on where you are headed in NC, you might want to check on the after effects. Power is out in Raleigh in some areas and there have been more reports of tornadoes in other areas heading east towards the coast. In some areas there are lots of trees down and even a Lowes went down.

klmno

I have checked the report here- we are getting a LOT of wind right now and expected to gget a major storm this evening. I guess I'll just stay in tonight. It's supposed to blow over us thru the night and be fairly nice here tomorrow. I'll check and see what is going on where I'll be Monday. I won't be going until Monday am so it should be ok by then- unless power is out all over the town.

TerryJ2

We're getting it right now but so far, it's just a regular storm. Kind of glad I didn't see this b4 ... I was recovering from a cold, calm and just reading in bed all day.

klmno

Terry, I hear the worst is a couple of miles away from the 264 corridor right now. Apparently there have been a couple of tornados a little south - I hope I don't lose power since I still haven't restocked things like candles and flashlights.

TerryJ2

It got worse around 8:00. We unplugged the computers, spent a while on the couch downstairs, watching the weather channel, listening to difficult child complain that this was stupid ... until a couple of huge lightning shows lit up the sky, and the news showed a middle school demolished. He got pretty quiet then.
All is well now.
I think tomorrow will be spent cleaning up the yard ...

Last edited:

Fran

Former desparate mom
I was out with just a bit of awareness about bad weather. I saw this huge tornado coming straight through downtown Raleigh. It was awesome. When the hail starting coming down, with torrential rain and wild wind, I headed to a window less room. Lots of rain coming under the doors. No damage to us. It was definitely intimidating to see it on tv.
Fortunately, we are safe.

Nancy

The weather throughout the whole country has been very strange this year. It's really beginning to concern me.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I saw this huge tornado coming straight through downtown Raleigh. It was awesome.

Fran, now you sound like me. lol Glad you're safe.

Terry glad you got through the storm ok too. Can't complain if all you have to do is clean up a yard.

I'm prepared for some pretty nasty weather this year. husband has stock piled batteries both for flashlights and the lantern. All are within easy reach. And he's got his muscle powered emergency/weather radio. I think his mom got him one that cranks to keep him busy. lol Yup, the weather is already strange.......has me concerned too.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
We had a tornado touch down and do considerable damage to a town about 25 miles from where I live in N. Central WI.

That was last week. Then...we had a winter storm and got 16" of snow. They are calling for more "significant" snowfall later this week.

We had a thaw in February that saw us in the fifties and Feb is usually our coldest month. in my opinion, this is all global warming effect...(and that's as far as I go for risk of this turning political)