Any of your difficult children find their life stories on here?

stalln4x

I was just thinking "oh my god, my parents would be mortified if they found me posting on here and asking for advice from parents" and got to wondering... have any of your difficult children stumbled upon your activities on this site? How did they react?

Just wondered and thought how weird it would be to be google-ing and find thousands of posts on here about me and my family heheh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My kids know, have known for years. They've always known about me using the site, although for a long time they didn't know the actual name or how to get here. Once they were older..........yeah, they found stuff. I told them to get over it.

It's never really been an issue though. Nichole is a board member now, except she can't remember her password. lol They think of board members as extended family. :)

klmno

My son knows and I think it bothered him a lot at first- he was 12yo, I think. But now he's 17 and over the years he's come to accept it and view it as my extended family. LOL! Really, I've become more sensitive to his feelings because I know he reads my posts sometimes, but he's learned that this is similar to him messaging people or using facebook....and more importantly, he sees it as a kind of extended family for himself, too, and he has posted on the board when he's felt desparate for an answer...and he got good, caring answers....then the moderators deleted the thread to protect him since he was a minor.....yep, in my book that makes these members better than my own bio-family!

stalln4x

Haha thanks for the answers. Almost reminds me of that Google commercial where the family makes an account and sends little messages/pictures to the kid as they grow up and then show her when she's older. That's cool and kind of beautiful that it's like you're extended family, and I can see how--I've read a lot on these boards and feel like I almost know some of the people on here, and I find it fun to read some of the updates and get excited when things turn around or good things happen. I wish I would have thought to name my account "Giffigee" for difficult child when I made it though hehe.

Klmno, funny you should mention your difficult child has gotten on here to post before. I felt like maybe me getting on here, being a difficult child myself, might be out of line or causing more pain/frustration so it's good to hear I'm not the only one to ever do so. Although I can tell I'm driving Nancy nuts lol.

klmno

Well, my son has made a thread maybe 2-3 times over the past 5 years so I want to make sure it's clear that he's not on here often- I have put threads up asking a question for him- like homework help. I haven't followed your history so I can't and won't speak to that.

DammitJanet

I realize Im coming in here late but my kids have always known about this place and for years I used their real names and in the body of my posts I still do, I just took them out of my signature.

I believe a couple of my kids have accounts on here but that relates back to a time when I was hospitalized and it was iffy as to if I was going to live so they made the accounts to keep the board updated about me. My youngest did have an account years ago but its gone now. In fact I may be using that account but I just changed my username. None of my kids could care less and they know that no matter what goes on in their lives it will be posted for posterity on here. LOL. Most times when something happens the end of the conversation ends with "okay mom, I will let you go so you can go post it on the board"....lol.