any other procrastinators out there??

Sue C

I do the bookkeeping for my husband's sole proprietorship business. I had to enter the income last year so I could figure out his quarterly sales tax, so I did keep up with that. But...I did not enter ANY of his expenses for the entire year!! I have been furiously working on it the past few days, and my neck/shoulder is killing me.

Any other big time procrastinators out there? What have you been procrastinating doing?

YIKES! I think I just procrastinated by posting. Naw--just needed a brief break. :whew:

Sue

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sue,

Can't say that I've procrastinated about tax issues - let's talk laundry & house cleaning though. Our upstairs second bedroom I've been meaning to paint & redecorate for over a year.....I could go on & on.

Let's see - what doesn't happen today will still be there tomorrow; dirty dishes, piles of laundry, painting, floors to scrub,...

Sounds exhausting, doesn't it? :smile:

Sue C

I am also a housework procrastinator. I don't care but husband doesn't like it. He does help out: vacuums, sweeps, takes out garbage, takes turns cooking dinner, takes turns loading/unloading dishwasher, usually goes grocery shopping with me--but he doesn't do the most important, small things like wipe the crumbs off the counter after making toast or wiping up his coffee drips. But I never get to the nitty gritty kind of cleaning and I could care less. And I have a hopeless paperwork problem. I tell husband when I die he can just throw all the paperwork into the coffin and shut the lid. That's the only way it will ever be cleared up.

I've been working on the bookkeeping all morning and my neck/shoulder is killing me!! I'm taking a break. Ooops--break is over. :frown:

Sue

DazedandConfused

I was going to respond to this thread earlier, but decided to put it off. :crazy:

Major procrastinator here. I hate the process of getting unpleasant things done. And, it's always number one on my list of things I would like to improve for new years.

muttmeister

I was going to answer your post last night but I didn't get around to it. :rofl:
Usually I'm pretty efficient but I'd rather do a big job all at once rather than in small steps dragging it out forever. That's just the way I work (or rationalize!).

mstang67chic

Going Green
Laundry, housework, my bathroom. (I've had a small amount of it primed to repaint for a year now.) But my biggest one is..................*drum roll please*......we adopted our son in 2000. I have yet to change his name on his social security card. :faint:

donna723

Of course, mine are very simple, but doing my taxes is probably the only thing I don't procrastinate on! I did mine online the same day I got my w2, got the money two weeks later and it's pretty much gone now! If I had to pay though, I'd probably wait till the last day!

I procrastinate over big things, usually things that I should have done long ago but was afraid to. I sold my (useless) property and moved to a different house years after I should have. Because I was afraid of "change", I guess. Now I so wish I had done it sooner! I procrastinate over silly things too. I still haven't started the exercises the doctor prescribed for me after my last baby was born - "the baby" was 26 last October ... but one of these days I will start those exercises! I WILL! Maybe NEXT week! Yeah, that's it! Next week! Or maybe a week from Tuesday...

:smile:

Sunlight

Donna, you are so funny about the income tax thing! I used to send mine off immediately and this year I put it off and only mailed it a couple weeks ago. I have to say rather than procrastinate I tend to do things very quickly to get them out of the way. maybe too quickly! that can be a fault too.

dreamer

My biggest procrastination is paperwork and phone chores. I absolutely hate telphones, and sitting on hold etc and playing phone tag. ANd seems something more important always comes up when I am supposed to be doing involved paperwork. I have managed over the years to get all our bills all due at the first week of the month, and we only get paid once a month, so thats the good thing- LOL- but then it takes me several hours, so.....almost anything sounds more urgent, gee, you need a ride to next door? I'll take you. Oh we want desert with dinner, super, I found a new recipe......LOL-----Oh I have a hangnail I need to take care of first.

Funny thing about laundry? Go ahead and LOL at me, I LIKE doing laundry, altho I liked it better when my dryer still worked and I did not have to drag to laundrymat......why haven't I gotten my dryer fixed in 2 years? cuz it takes a phone call to get the repairman here. :-(
But I find laundry to be immediate gratification, seeing an immediate difference- gosh it starts all stinky and comes out so nice and soft and smells so good.....and I think from the time when I was so sick and it was so hard for me to handle the laundry, I find comfort in folding it, organizing it etc. when the kids were babies, I used to relax after work by enjoying their cute lil baby clothes.
Yes, I will wash 3 items on bill paying day if it means I get to put off sitting down to do paperwork.....even tho it means running out to the laundrymat. LOL- hey we HAFTA have clean laundry, right? And gee I have time NOW - what if the car breaks down and I won't be able to get there later?

And I deliberately TRY to procrastinate going to grocery store. Even a trip for a gallon of milk means leaving the store about $200 poorer. all those sales and all, ya know?

donna723

Actually, last year I DID put off doing my taxes for a while. I had sold some property and was afraid I might have to pay. Usually I do mine myself on the H&R Block efile thingie, very simple, but last year I put it off for about a month and then went in and had them done. I had asked the IRS for info about selling property and they sent me SEVENTY PAGES of stuff that only a CPA would understand! Thanks guys! So I spent $70 having my taxes done, but it was worth it because instead of having to pay, I ended up getting some back! Whoopie!

:smile:

Sue C

I also have become a procrastinator of major grocery shopping, so I (usually husband comes with) run to the grocery store every other day (sometimes every day) just to get a few things and pick out something to make for dinner.

sue

dreamer

ah, I do not so much mind the big shopping day.....I am budgeted fine for that trip- but when we run out of something like milk midweek or midmonth.....i like to shop too much and going for a gal of milk costs me WAY too much, LOL. and then I get home and do not have enough space for whatever else I just bought. I do prefer to shop alone, cuz everyone else throws too muhc extra into the cart and I cannot send anyone else for whatever it is we run out of cuz noone else can drive.