Any positive energy and prayer welcomed...

buddy

I have put in my first application for a new home. I turned in our notice to move so we must now find a new place to live. Such a scary time. I can barely do other things because I feel like I am holding my breath. This is the last week of school and I am nervous about keeping Q busy and out of the house/away from issues here in this large complex. Last year we had such a wonderful experience with the neighborhood kids and this year he is in a different place. We need a different set up for living. The home I will go see today (in case my app is not accepted) and the one I applied for would offer safe places for Q to be his noisy self inside and outside. The doors and outdoor space is not nearly as close as ours is now.

I should hear within a day or two on the first one (which is the same as the other but costs 100 less so would be much more of a blessing), plus we could keep our dog, the other...well our beloved dog would not be able to come. He is very old and sick so it is time to make that hard decision anyway, but it would be nice for Q not to have that serious of a change right when we are also moving. He still is grieving our cat dying (also was very old) two years later.

Will let you know what I hear.....

Thanks!

Nancy

Buddy I hope everything works out well with the housing situation. It is so important to find a place where you are all comfortable and safe. Sending all the positive energy I can.

Nancy

SuZir

buddy: there is one thing (okay, maybe few more, but advice of wearing presentable underwear in all times isn't really relevant in this situation) both my conservative and tough grandmother, who lived through very difficult time during WW2 and my eternal flower child mother agreed as it comes to advices in life:

Life will carry you.

And again and again that has turned true also in my life. It is awesome you had courage to take this step and yes, life will carry and you will find a suitable home. Hopefully it is the one you have left an application for or other one that will allow you to keep also your dog.

T

TeDo

I'm still believing things will work out the way they are meant to. Here's hoping it's also the way YOU want....... okay, or at least something you can deal with. (That's my disclaimer)

InsaneCdn

I can barely do other things because I feel like I am holding my breath
Dee...
It's hard. Really hard. But the most important thing to do is RELAX.
That is what Q needs. A calm, "things are under control" Mom.
Which then makes it easier for you...

But I also know that you come here and give US all your neg. vibes, and THAT is good... just remember to LEAVE them here.
<wink>

{{Hugs}}
And a nice bar of cyber-chocolate...

busywend

Sending good housing vibes your way!!! I hope it is everything you dream of and more!! Or at least is warm and dry.

L

Liahona

You can do this! And after it is all done it'll be a relief. I'm cheering for you.

Lothlorien

I hope that you get the home that you need for you and for Q. I hope it's perfect and a place where you can feel at home and comfortable. Many blessings for your new home.

buddy

ok, they called and asked for income verification and I just faxed it off....think that is a good sign? I also went to see another with the same floor plan but the basement is finshed adding a second full bath and the living room doesn't have the huge built-ins (which is fine with me)...

So couldn't put up his sensory swing but our home therapist said that it would be a great way to set up an apt for Q ...(a fake one)to start to work on what kind of living situation he could handle....slowly over time of course....

He said that the people who think Q might not be safe for me and who ever say what are you going to do when....dont realize there really is not much for him. He woudl be discharged from most group homes due to his behaviors. He has a good enough waiver that we can create something for him when the time comes. He said they just only see him in those transition situations with me whereas they see him in activities and with me in real life and see that it is usually quite ok,and when it is not, we deal with it just as they would have to in a group home etc. I will always monitor of course, that could change in a day's events, but for now that is the plan. I felt reassured that I was not crazy to want to still raise my own child!

Hoping this works out....or the other one....both would be good. The county may give us some deposit money too...just maybe....our case manager is checking.

T

TeDo

Still pretzeling and praying for you guys. The second one with the basement sounds wonderful. I LOVE home therapist's idea for it. That would be AWESOME!!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Buddy, all my best wishes and prayers that you find the perfect place, one where Q can play and be safe, one where you feel safe and comforted, one which appeals to your sense of beauty and peace and costs less then you could imagine (and which allows you to keep your dog too) HUGS!!

InsaneCdn

He said that the people who think Q might not be safe for me and who ever say what are you going to do when....dont realize there really is not much for him
JMO, but... based on statements like this? You need a pay raise. A SERIOUS pay raise. Because there is nowhere else for Q to go, they need to start paying you enough that you can look after yourself - even if they don't pay you in money, Know what I mean?? Give you a good health plan, for starters.

So glad you have a good "home" team.

Calamity Jane

Can I add that I hope you get the living arrangement you want, hope you get to keep the dog, and I hope you win the lottery, too!(or at least Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes). How's that?