Any Word from upallnight?

Giulia

I will join myself in the chorus. Don't waste your time to worry about this job, because even if you were losing it, you will always find somewhere else.

It is terrific that you manage to gain some weight. Continue to work on yourself, as in therapy, as about makeup, clothes, hair....
Your health must be your number one priority. If you're healthy, you can do whatever you want.

For your job, you can always ask the kids' parents to write letters about the job you did with the kiddos.
Even if they don't keep you, you will always find something, and even better than you already had.

You are not the only one who needs to gain weight. GP asked me to rest and be careful to eat enough (stress is my worst appetite killer, and I have been served enough in stress these last months. Concerta is like fresh water on my appetite).
So, can I join in your boat, please ?

DDD

Sorry I'm late but it's delightful to read that you have made progress physically and emotionally. What a blessing that you have an advocate on your side. I will say a prayer that your Monday meeting goes well. Chances are that you look a heck of alot better than you think you do. Make sure you have your ducks in a row, prepare as best you can and then try to carry yourself with confidence and a sense of joy. Hugs. DDD

DammitJanet

If you like that grilled sandwich, then let me introduce you to my little friend the Janet Sandwich. LOL. Named after myself of course. You take a regular grilled cheese sandwich and then immediately after it is put on the plate, you smear grape jelly on top. Just a thin smear of grape jelly. It is so good. I have been eating Janet Sandwiches my whole life! In fact, now my kids do too...lol.

susiestar

Roll With It
The grilled fluffernutter is amazing, isn't it?? I know other people hwo put jelly on grilled cheese, just a dab, but it isn't to my taste.

I like bacon on my grilled cheese, yum!

i have some hilarious fluffernutter stories - I remember my mother being upset because dad gave us grilled fluffernutters for dinner on night. he made us eat vegetables with it, huge for him (teaspoon of corn each, lol). so the next time she was at work and he made dinner? Grilled fluffernutters wtih banana slices on them! I thought it was yucky, so bro ate mine and dad made one with sections of hershey bar on it. He smiled so big and told mom he made double sURE we got 'healthy' nutrients wth dnner - I got calcium and milkk and bro got extra fruit with his meal!!!

Then he told her what he cooked for us!! She stopped fussing because she was afraid of what the next step would be. Of course his gma used to make chocolate soup for dinner - choc pudding made with 2x the milk!

They were too funny, in my opinion. Esp when he dug his feet in. He was never above serving jelly beans as our vegetable if she got in his face about meals. just a few, but enough to make his point, whatever it was.

UAN,

Thinking about you, hoping the meeting went well... Hugs... SFR

P.S. Janet, grilled cheese and jelly?? easy child/difficult child 3 might really like this, lol... As for me, I think the choc soup Susiestar mentioned sounds a bit more appetizing, just about anything with chocolate in it has to be good!

The meeting went very well! I am back to work!!!!! I am in a different job so it's a little awkward until I get used to the routine and the child. It's also in another school, a student came from China recently and needs a 1:1, but he was put in a regular-ed grade K classroom until his IEP meeting. I am loving going to work!!!!! This little boy is so sweet!

I cannot go back to my 5-hour a day IOP thing. I called there today and said I can't come back....I'm eating and I won't do anything wrong! I want this type of a life. I don't take medication....I was weaned off my anxiety medication....so I don't need a p-doctor. I've been healthy before and know what that's like, I know I can do it. The weird thing is my boss told me he was going to call this dr. on the phone and ask him some questions. HE CAN'T DO THAT. I can't even ask about my own 18 year old's dr a question without the kid's approval! husband said I should just go back until I know my contract will be renewed. I can't, it's a very long day and I don't believe I need to do it. Thanks for asking, I'm just glad to be back to my life again.

Lothlorien

Just keep eating. I know it's hard, but you have to do it. I'm glad you got your job back. Just keep doing what you have to do to get better.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad you got your job back!! that is great!! the little boy sounds so sweet - and it is awesome that they are giving him an aide before the iep!

as for the principal, let him call your doctor. remind your doctor's office that they do not have consent to discuss you with anyone, so if the principal calls they will shut him down. around here even iwth the consent on file they often won't speak to you over the phone. they have to pull the file, find the consent - which they usually cannot even if it is there - and then call you back to say 'we can't speak to you' or to give you answers. most docs also want the questions before they go looking for consent, so the questions have to be carefully thought out ahead of time. docs know it would possibly end their careers to speak to the wrong person, so they are careful. so let the principal call. they will shut him down for you.

PLEASE be very careful about ending therapy/iop and not having support. This is not a disease that goes away because you are eating and remember how it felt to be healthy. i want only the very best for you, and having to enter another program in a few months or even a year is just not the best for you. Don't stop all therapy at once just because you are eating and have gained some weight, please!!! it is a common pitfall, and you are just too smart to fall for it again. you want the job so badly, and that is great! just don't mstake being able to go back to work with bein fully healthy. most people iwth eating disorders need help and support for a very long time, not just a few months until they gain a bit of weight back. i just can't stand the idea of you being so sick and in pain again from this disorder!

if nothing else, please find a support group and go there often. just a few weeks ago you were panicked because you didn't know if you could gain any weight and could be at the goal weight before the dr appointment. It was soooo hard to eat all the food and gain the weight, but you did it!!! i am so proud of you for that! but you and i both know that it doesn't mean you are healed or the disorder is gone. to have every chance at success and beating this problem, you are going to need to have some long term help with it, aren't you?

Happy for you and trusting that you will do the best thing for you!!

DDD

I am totally thrilled that you are employed again and in such a lovely way. Although it is great news that you are eating and feeling healthier as a caring CD family member I hope you reconsider stopping the supports cold turkey. Of course I know you are eager to lead a "normal" life again soon but weaning yourself toward independence likely will be of more benefit to your long term health and...maybe...show dedication to wellness for employer reviews. Big Hugs. DDD