Anybody Else Sick for Four Weeks?

Crayola13

I'm beginning to wonder if there is any end to this. Four weeks ago I was diagnosed with the flu and a sinus infection. The flu symptoms are gone, but this sinus infection won't let up. I started my second round of antibiotics yesterday. I have missed so much work and have never been sick this long. I can't figure out why this won't go away.

Nomad

Staff member
I swear by Oil of Oregano capsules as a preventative or to take with antibiotics if already sick. Take with a little food. Rest, drink lots of water, drink chicken soup, take extra vitamin c , if you can find it get elderberry cough drops from health food store and get and take Oil of Oregano capsules (I like Gaia brand). Your body might need a little extra boost on top of the antibiotic. Feel better!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Oh Crayola sinus infections can be nasty to kick especially post flu. I hope to you are on the mend soon.

I am asthmatic and if I get the flu I go down hard with pneumonia and sinusitis. I have had to have antibiotics IV to rid myself of post flu infection.

Lots of rest and food. Lots of fluids too.

Nomad

Staff member
Also, for a difficult sinus infection, in my humble opinion , Augmentin is the best antibiotic to take.

Also,..google "Oregano oil and sinus infections." I wouldn't trust it to cure one after it starts, but my goodness, it's an awesome preventative and can alobgcwith antibiotics, move things along faster.