Anybody else's kids watching...

nvts

Phineus and Ferb? True confession here - I LOVE THIS SHOW! I love the writing, the characters, the cartooning - all of it!

No cursing, no gratuitous violence, they respect their parents, but they have the best ideas in the world! The evil Dr. Doofenschmirtz is even loveable!

Beth

trinityroyal

I LOVE Phineas and Ferb. For all the same reasons you mention Beth.
It's totally crackpot, without the obnoxiousness of so many other cartoons.

My other delight is that Little easy child is addicted to all the retro cartoons, the ones I used to watch when I was his age. We watch Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, Superfriends, Scooby Doo, The Banana Splits...it's too groovy for words!

Trinity

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I will have to check it out!
N can watch a bit more "mature" shows. But K depending on her mood fluctuates. We watch PBS mostly. She loves Fetch with Ruff Ruffman, which is science and educational. She also loves Word Girl.
N is in love with Sponge Bob! Which does not surprise me! I avoided it for so long, and then she discovered it... luckily he is basically a nice little sponge although lots of potty humor.

I have found HBO Family has some good kids shows as well.
They also love, Magic School Bus! Discovery Channel and the Dino shows.

We DVR most of these and let them watch one or 2 a night. N picks one and then K.

I will have to look into Phineus and Furb! Thanks

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Phineas and Ferb fan here, too. I love every aspect of it.

Two pre-teen, obviously genuis boys.

A family pet platypus that doubles as a secret agent trying to keep the tri state area safe from corporate evil?

Can you imagine how crazy Candace is going to be, tho, by the time she leaves that home???

What's not to love?!!?!

Mattsmom277

OMG. My easy child watches and knows that she can always hook me into watching it with her. I love the shape of their heads too haha. I am not the type to watch kiddie shows but I love P and F!!!

nvts

One of my favorite things is the relationship between Perry the Platypus (Agent P) and the Evil Dr. Doofenschmertz. My kids LOVE when he does one of his "back stories" about his miserable childhood and he gets all kinds of cute! The best is when they help each other out (the take-off on Jerry Springer when Dr. D got a new nemesis was hysterical!).

If your kids aren't watching it, I have to tell you that it's absolutely refreshing and fun (I get snagged into watching it too!). I used to enjoy watching Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends with them, but this is one that I can watch again and again and again.

Beth