Anybody in Missouri? Son's wife is playing around/wants divorce.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MidwestMom, Jun 8, 2012.

  1. SomewhereOutThere

    SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

    My poor little four year old grandson. I'm so far away too!!!

    Anyone know about MIssouri divorce law? He has an attorney, but I wanted to know from people who live here. Any divorce support groups for adults and kids? Anyone in the Herculaneum area? My son can no longer afford $170 week for a babysitter. Do you have HeadStart? 4K? Jeremy turned 4 in May. Is he eligible for 4K/

    My son is freaking out. Basically, his wife decided she didn't want to be married anymore and is never home. Her poor little boy keeps asking for her. My son is taking care of him. All of us are very worried.

    Any words of wisdom GREATLY appreciated. Any concrete help would be CHERISHED.
  2. InsaneCdn

    InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

    Of course, I don't have concrete advice... but... tons of {{hugs}}.
    This is just SO not fair to that wee boy.
  3. DammitJanet

    DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

    I m pretty sure they have head start. Look up that area on the map and see what county it is in and then check the school district for PreK.

    Im sorry for your son and your grandson. Its an awful position to have found themselves. They will be fine however. They have you and the rest of your family. Maybe he will decide to move closer to you so you can be a bigger role in the little ones life. That would be nice.
  4. Hound dog

    Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

    Pretty much everywhere has head start. Have your son to go the county welfare office and ask if there is any assistance for daycare too. Katie told me there isn't, but given her track record for excuses.....I'd have him ask. All they can do is tell him no.

    Ohio will help pay for daycare for low income families. It's a way of keeping them working and off of welfare. And when you look at the cost of daycare, it's not hard to see why. You get someone trying to make ends meet in a minimum wage job.......daycare is one big ouch right off the top.

    If his wife is no longer coming home, son needs to see someone about filing for temporary custody of your grandson. (which will help with permanent custody later down the road) This little guy doesn't need yanked back and forth if it can be avoided.