Anyone bike alot??? Yep...still off topic...LOL

DDD

I'm still rehashing the walking, biking fund raising ideas and
it appears cheap pedometers are available so every walking participant could register miles. Is there a cheap thingy that
records miles for a bike?? I know there are expensive pieces of
equipment but just wondered if there is something cheap that can
get attached and detached to a wheel, for instance??? DDD

by the way I put "photo scavenger hunt" in for a google search and it
appears they are quite common. I couldn't find an actual description of specific planning in all the hits but I suppose
common sense and a little imagination might work. :grin:

DammitJanet

DDD...I think that would be called a speedometer....LOL.

I think you can get combo ones that can go on both the bike and then clip on for walking. Just do a search.

DDD

Are you smart, Janet, or are you smart. Thanks. I have a tendency to anticipate things being complicated but sure enough
Speedometer/Pedometer did the trick!

One less thing to think about...hooray! Thanks again. DDD

DammitJanet

I also had another idea that came to me while sitting at the computer if you didnt want to do the scavenger hunt or you could combine it with the hunt.

I dont know how large your city or community is but you could have people keep track of the miles they walk or ride and do a "walk or ride" the entire city. Like the circumference of the city. Or every street. I have heard of this in other places. There is also a thing being done online called Moonwalk which is people getting together in groups and walking the distance to the moon and back. That is where I got the idea...lol.

DDD

I'll try to absorb that tomorrow. It's not jellin' at the moment
unless...you use a city of county map as a visual of progress
and then record mileage and use a "techno magic marker?" to show
that x miles equals a trip around the outer edges????

Hmmmm....as our girl Scarlett said...."tomorrow is another day".
:)) DDD

DammitJanet

Well normally the chamber of commerce or the county planners or someone can tell you how many miles there are in the cities circumference. Say your city is 1000 miles in circumference. Then each person or group, keeps track of how many miles they walk or bike and when they reach the 1000 mile mark...they have won.