Anyone care to join me in a safety support link for the Florida Jurors & participants

DDD

I'm sending caring thoughts and prayers forward for those involved in the recent trial. Sadly I believe that with the HLN ongoing blitz of focus that it is increasingly likely that less stable citizens will feel it is their duty to punish those they don't agree with. I'm reaching out from Florida to ? DDD

Malika

... the south of France. I don't agree with their decision, but they did the best by their lights and they should be safe from attack. On to...

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think everyone has a right to be safe. I've gone FEW places where I haven't been baited into a demonalization of first the obvious, then the family, the attorneys, and now the jurorors. I quote a very well said member here who once stated "I don't need to borrow sorrow I have enough of my own." and I will gladly quote my own new statement "If hate is your fuel, you are going to get really rotten mileage."

I may not appreciate their decision(s), BUT I would not wish them harm. That type of hatred is very much beyond difficult child logic. So I'll reach out from SC.....and grab your hand DDD.........reaching out to......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
What we "see" via the media is so utterly different from what jurors actually see in court, that it's not fair to pass judgement on their decision even if we wholeheartedly disagree with it. Even will all the media coverage, the public doesn't know what all went on in that courtroom to cause those people to reach the decision they did.

And like Star said, everyone has a right to be safe. So taking Star's hand and reaching out to...................

Malika

Umm... seem to have been missed out here... :) so, not to be invisible and to reinforce support for the way of restraint and reason, catching hold of Hound Dog's hand in Ohio and on to...

klmno

I would never wish harm on these or any other jurors and don't agree with them being harassed or threatened. However, I'm more worried about the next baby Casey has than I am that physical harm will actually come to the jurors.

I don't wish harm on anyone so reaching from NJ to........(but I do think a village is missing 12 idiots).......

DDD

In the Tampa Tribune this morning there is a picture of a man who has been wrongly identified as being one of the Jurors. Out of nowhere this man and his wife have been inundated with calls and threats. He wasn't on the Jury. Someone, somewhere, "outed" him and on Twitter (I think) posted his picture. The guy went public hoping to undo what an unknown person triggered. He was even contacted by ABC news to tell "his story of the trial". I assume there can be no accountability but hope he and his family remain safe. I'm not fixated on this topic but I sure do find it worrisome. DDD

witzend

I have not been paying as much attention to this as most others, but the jury was anonymous. Why on earth did they let anyone know who they were when they knew it was such an unpopular decision?

Malika

Your comment about a village missing 12 idiots comes into my mind occasionally, upallnight, and I smile to myself...
I suppose the jurors feel they honestly did their best to follow the letter of the law. Some legal experts agree with them, incidentally, and while hindsight is a wonderful thing, it is easy to see that the state did not provide sufficient evidence - or acknowledge the deficiency of evidence - in terms of the exact cause and circumstances of death. For the prosecution to claim that Casey suffocated Caylee by putting duct tape over her mouth, when there was no direct evidence of this, was a flawed move. If I had been on the jury, I would have acknowledged the lack of evidence and the problem it caused but I know I would have fought for and insisted that the evidence be examined much more thorougly than it apparently was. I would also have stuck fast to the problem of her behaviour after Caylee's death. Thankfully for Casey I was not on the jury...
For all that, may the jurors be safe from ignorant and unlawful attacks.

DDD

The Judge had media representatives in Court on Thursday pleading "freedom of information" and requesting the release of all Juror's identities. Their position is that public records must be disclosed. The Judge said "do you all realize that I have had cameras forced into my face and been bombarded by questions...and I am a Judge?" Then he acknowledged "freedom of the press" but added that he would have to think about it and they would reconvene the first of the week. There is talk about withholding the information for seven to ten days. The Judge then said "are you aware that there are threats being made to slice them open, pour salt on their bodies and then butcher them to death?"

As a former Juror in a murder trial I absolutely don't believe that these citizens should be identified or have their lives changed because they did their civic duty. Agree with them or not...they are private citizens who gave of their time and don't need to be "outed". Two (I believe) have chosen to go public saying "we did not say she was innocent we said she was not proven gulty". One female Juror is living with a friend because she believe she was followed when the police drove her home. Florida is a "in the sunshine State" but evidently it is not rare for Jurors to be protected forever in State's where there are Mafia or gang trials. I sure hope Florida doesn't put all these people in jeopardy. by the way, one restaurant in their home county posted a sign on the door saying "we will not serve the Anthony Jurors". Ironically the Owner was notified by his Corporate franchise to take the sign down pronto. What a weird world. DDD