Anyone else on edge with everyone and everthing?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am so on edge. I know that coming off the wellbutrin a couple of months ago is catching up with me some, but I am talking about everything just pissing me off continuously. It seems that everyone I speak with has something similar going on. Their H's or SO's are annoying the heck out of them. Their kids, thier coworkers, bosses, friends, strangers on the street and in the stores, etc.

I just feel so agitated all the time. I know I've got a bit of depression going on, and I am in perimeno, and the changes in the house since easy child moved back home are still making me unsettled, and lack of sleep, all those things are contributing factors...but why everyone else I talk to?

Anyone else?

klmno

Yes- I see it in both difficult child and myself. I think it's the time of year, although this time of year is not normally as bad as late winter/early spring for difficult child, it is much worse this time. Maybe it's that this is the worst for me (reference Steely's post and my last thread on the WC). LOL!! I'm just trying to maintain and not flip and throw everything in the car to get difficult child to Nebraska before Fri. when their legislators to meet to revise their new safe-haven law.

nvts

Oh Jo, I am soooo on the same page! It just seems like I've got this chip on my shoulder and want to dare someone to "knock it off"...(remember those battery commercials with Robert Conrad?). It just feels like I'm up for a real brawl!

It's a collection of everything and nothing at all. difficult child 1 and 3 are a PITA, husband is being too nice to me and too crabby with the demons, their grades are in the toilet, I'm pregnant and broke and not allowed by the OB to get a pt job, I've got a charter school up my butt to help them get their funding (they're opening in Sept. of 09), I'm fighting the school to get services for 2 out of 3 of my kids, my lil sis just got diagnosis with MS, Thanksgiving is my holiday and I'm not speaking to one of my sisters (and the others are backing her up), all 3 kids are home for Veterans Day and I have to endure a Chuckee Cheese 3 hour birthday party with difficult child 1 at 3:00 today (even though he's been a royal PITA the kid who's birthday party it is, is a sweet kid who's desperate for friends and I'm afraid that if difficult child doesn't show up the kid may have a lousy turnout), AND I've got a call into the Dr. because I've gone and gotten myself an upper respiratory infection.

I feel like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs! If someone looks at me I either want to kick the prunes out of them or cry.

If I don't get some sleep pretty soon, there isn't a jury of my peers that would convict me - mainly because a jury of my peers would be asleep at the trial!

I've adopted a "better days are coming" attitude. Something has to give. Otherwise, I'm packing up my toys and going home! (of course it would be someone else's home - who the h$ll would runaway to here!).

Thanks for the ability to vent!

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yes, I do think it's a product of just too much going on all at once...and very much connected with the financial problems we're experiencing, the not knowing how much or if H will have full time work this winter. He always does and there have been a week here and there when we've worried like this, but not this bad. I think I'm feeling stressed over things that I have no control over such as easy child finding a car and being approved for the financing. I don't agree with her choice about the car, but she is 21 and it's her choice. However, I am a cosigner on her loan, which in my opinion means I should have at least a little input (something she doesn't agree with). H has been a bear lately...I mean loud and bossy and controlling and if you don't agree with him, he just gets so pissy and loud. If you ask him anything or question him about anything, instead of a normal response, his tone is harsh and his voice booms. He's obviously frustrated and angry over things also...we can't seem to come together on anything. We argue and snipe at one another and I hate it. I feel like I have in the past before H slips....and since he refuses to get any support in his recovery, I feel like he's walking a tightrope right now. Too much pressure. And then there is the puppy wreaking havoc in our home...easy child trains her when it's convenient to her. She doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong with allowing the puppy free reign in the house even if it means she may pee on my wood floors. Also, the puppy will only sleep with me. So, there she is in between H and I. I love her, I do, but I can't keep these hours I'm keeping. I go to bed around 11:30 and have to get up to take said puppy out at 5:30. Then I try and go back to snooze until 6:30 when I have to get up for work. I'm tired. I even called my DR for a B12 shot. I haven't been exercising, which I think would help me with 80% of what I'm feeling. Then, this coming Friday/Saturday my loco sister and I are driving 6 hours to my other sister's house in PA so we can meet my other sister from WV and have a family meeting about my mom and her care, etc. Nightmare. This morning H dumped an entire cupe of coffee all over the kitchen floor. He cleaned it up with paper towels. No mopping, no wiping down, nothing. It got all over the floor, table and a chair. The dogs were licking everything and everywhere. I asked him if he considered mopping the area....he said, "Well I knew it had to be done at some point" as he was walking out the door. Hello, mouse problem, remember?? A-hole. So, I cleaned it all up before I went to work.

Aaaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhhh. I just want to run off to a cabin in the woods, scream my head off and then start a nice fire and have a cup of tea or something bundled under a big blanket in my favorite jammies - ALONE. A week or so ago, I thought it would be nice if H and I could run off alone for a night or weekend, if we even could afford to, but now I just want to be left alone.

on the other hand, I truly believe in sending out positive vibes and energy...finding the silver lining, being optimistic, and all that jazz. It's difficult, but I'm doing it. I smile at people in my building and at the stores, say good morning to strangers, kiss difficult child (since she is the only one who will let me besides the dogs) goodnight and try to stay steady. I know that if I stay strong and steady, things will even out. But I will have to go get a blood test to check my levels (hormones and iron, cholesterol) this week so I can get that B12 thing. It's not a shot anymore - it is a squirt up the nose??? So, thanks for letting me vent too.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
JoG I'm so there with you.
husband is about the only one I'm not annoyed with right now, and that's just cause his degree of annoyance is less than anyone else's. He's still buddy-buddying with nephew, which I think I need to get over, but it bugs the boogers out of me that he can just pal around with him like that after what he did to easy child.
easy child 2 skipped tutoring 2 weeks in a row. The tutor was out of the country the week prior, so she hasn't been in 3 weeks! She "forgot", she whines in her little princess voice. I called One Broom last night and said I'm done if no one backs me up - I'm paying, I'm transpoting, the least the rest of them can do is remind her to go and follow our discipline if she doesn't. She's grounded from video games for 2 days for what she's already missed, and an additional 2 days for every day she misses here on out (and yes, this works for her). One Broom agreed but claims she didn't know when the tutor would be gone and when she'd be back. I have the email. I sent it on October 15, and again on the 27th. She replied to both. GRRRRRR.... So then I called grandma, explained that I SOLELY am funding this and I do the transporting, which takes me away from work early, WHICH I DON'T MIND; however, I do mind repeatedly leaving work early to pick her up only to find "she forgot", so I asked grandma to give me a call on Monday and Tuesdays if she shows up on the bus after school. At least I won't be rushing out of work to pick her up when she's not there. Grandma said sure, then got onto me for letting her go outside without her hood and subsequently getting an ear infection 2 weeks ago. She's almost 12. We tell her to dress appropriately, and she sometimes refuses, or takes her hood off when she's outside, and that was one of those weekends. She missed school on the following Wed, but came to our house that night, like usual, and promptly ran out the door to play. Uh, NO! So we MADE her stay in, much to her dismay. She went to school Thursday morning, but called grandma about 35 minutes into it to come get her. She wasn't sick enuf to stay home at our house, cause we don't allow the tv unless you have a fever or are puking; but was too sick to stay at school when grandma would come get her....come on, people. difficult child 1 also had tons of ear infections as a child, and his ENT gave us a simple way to help try to prevent them when he'd been out like that (give Advil for a day or so), and One Broom and grandma won't even try it, so I have little sympathy.
Two Brooms is bugging husband about Thanksgiving. She hasn't called me yet. husband won't give her an answer.
I'm trying to be positive but I'm not terribly excited about the grandbaby. difficult child 1 is doing ok, but he just could not tolerate difficult child 2. I guess I am a little afraid that it won't go well, that his wife will pack up and go home, and I won't be a part of his/her life. My other fear is that it will end up on my doorstep (not too much of a fear, as her parents would likely be the first options to raise it.) Besides that, I'm 36. I haven't had a life of my own yet, and I was looking forward to difficult child 2 getting big enough to do without me here and there. I was gonna splurge and buy myself a pair of guns for mounted shooting - now I think I'd better not so I'll have money to travel to see the new baby... I dunno, guess I'm being selfish in a lot of ways.
And we replaced my kitchen floor last weekend, but that meant I got NO weekend chores done, so I'm starting this week with no clean clothes, no towels, furniture not all put away....ugh.
I hope this passes soon.
One good thing, tho, my project at work is going really well and I'm enjoying it, for once!

Star*

call 911........call 911
NOPE
NOT ME
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
JOY JOY JOY
JO JO JO......

You need to put the Y back in your life to go from JO to JOY
GO FIND YOUR FLIPPIN'
Y.....:D:D;):tongue:

lovemysons

Hi Jo, I hear alot of uncertainty and anxiety in your "voice". Also sounds like husband is kind of caught up in his own feelings right now and alittle distant in addition to everything else in your life...Does sound very hectic.

All I can suggest is to try and stay "in the moment" and not worry about the things you cannot control. The serenity prayer definitely comes to mind.

Hoping the dust settles soon for ya and that better days are just around the corner.
Hugs and care,
Tammy

Steely

Yep Jo.........
I am with you. What IS the deal?

I really have to wonder about this time of year. I have had at least 4 employees, maybe more, tell me that October/Nov is the worst time of year for them.
I know for me it is also - although I just thought it was because every single October something crummy happens to me, without fail, since I was 16. But maybe their is something more to it, since I notice other people struggling with this period of time too.

Sorry you are struggling so much. Many, many hugs.
Do the b-12 shots help with mood?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
What me? Why the frick would you ask that? I am never on edge I am perfectly fine.... LA LA LA LA LA!!!
Actually I think I have found my *Y*.... I am happy and kind of mostly OK.... despite, not being able to pay the mortgage on our home in Idaho or sell it!!!
Kids going down hill....
Because it was worse. At one time, I am not alone... I hold onto the positive. I hold onto HOPE.
I am even OK with my in-laws showing up next week....

My kid is talking to fricking fairies and the other is spinning and running from any loud noise flapping her hands! But "No they are so nice and normal, nothing seems wrong"
La La La La La
I just look at pictures of Mules or donkeys and smile...

Jena

:angrygirl:LOL! You guys are so funny.......ok do you really want me to go now?? We all know how "off the wall" i can most certainly be!!! I'm one thought floating into another thought floating into another realm at times LOL!!!

I"m good with fact that I can't sleep at night suddenly so i awaken with red blood shot eyes lookin' like i went to a party, yet i went no where good!!

Love when difficult child calls me an idiot or how annoying I am, than easy child backs her up by saying I'm half *ss parent!! Oh, how I love that. :faint:

Than we have boyfriend who leaves this morning because he feels he should be able to go to gym everyday! yea ok get a grip!! So, he mistakenly awakens every kid in the house in the process of! Yup we've discussed that a.m.'s with 5 kids no gym for him.:angry-very:

My back hurts so bad i crawl out of bed every a.m. like i'm a cripple literally, than my cycle's are off so yup i thought i was pregnant last mos because my period decided to stall for 3 1/2 weeks!!!!! I suddenly now have some sort of new issue and am drinking cranberry juice by the gallons and awaiting doctor visit. Oh, and waking up sweating and feeling like i'm laying in hot sun yet I have no frozen margarita in hand!

I opened my door today to find 5 squirrels eating a piece of leftover pumpkin we forgot about and they wouldn't even move for me to get past!! LOL this is the farm i've always wanted says boyfriend!!

I love that I woke up this morning to find no bread, boyfriend's daughter ate entire loaf last night! Ok what's up with that, slob! So, now i've locked my bedroom door so she doesn't steal anymore of my things or money, yet now she's going to eat all the food.

Oh and i have no money!! And difficult child has been bouncing off the walls since 6 a.m. today....i am not even going to try to clean today pointless!!!

So, yes i'm good, beautiful, perfect, patient and happy.

Jo- It's all good, it's the time of year, various pressures, and it just gets us to the point where we have to and want to scream.

I drive down to the beach and i walk on sand or sit in my truck alone at water's edge and i scream very loud, than I drink rest of my tea and smoke a cigarette return home and smile. LOL

Jena

Yes and b-12 shots do help!! As you can see hasn't hit me just yet lol! I'm a witch lately, yet i also doubled down on my omega's as well.

KTMom91

Yes. Me too. I caught a cold and it's settled in my chest and I'm coughing all the time. I don't feel good and I'm alternating between burning up and freezing cold. Payday is Friday but Miss KT needs a new bra RIGHT NOW, and got all PO'd when I said no. My house is a disaster because I haven't done any major cleaning since I blew out my knee in June. "Toss the Cr@p in the Street Day" is Thursday, and we have enough to fill the entire block, but Hubby is watching some SciFi thing with headphones on instead. There are piles of laundry, sheets and towels, too, the rat cage needs to be cleaned, so does the litter box (which is NOT my job), the bathroom needs scrubbing, the yard is overgrown and an embarrassment, and all I want to do is go back to bed, but the sheets are in the washer. Almost the entire family has November birthdays, and no one is hosting Thanksgiving dinner.

I think that's all for right now.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I want whatever Star's having...

Yeah, I'm in a pi$$y mood mostly these days, too. Except for today. 'Cuz my house is being painted and it's sooooo purty, purty, purty! And I just LOVE spending money I don't really have! :D

Jena

WAIT WAIT I forgot to add something else!!!!!

He, yes He decided to make espressso I guess at somepoint put the small espresso little thingy on back of stove!!

Guess what happened today, I went to clean stove and yup it went flying espresso all over me, difficult child and floor, walls...........................................

MEN!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Uh oh, difficult child is in on the act now...cranky little woman...

When I came home tonight I went straight into my room and turned on my sound machine and got under the covers with my dog. I kicked H out of our room and easy child's puppy kept scratching at the door - I went into easy child's room, handed the little Biz to her and shut her door. I just wanted some peace. OMG, H is yapping away right now - he never shuts the heck up lately. He just keeps yapping and yapping....driving me freakin nuts.

I think I'm going to go put on some jeans and get out of here for a little while. I just can't take it. Thank God, difficult child just went out with her boyfriend. easy child will be home any minute I'm sure.

I

Ilovemyson

Yes, Yes and Yes.

EVERYONE with the exception of maybe three people are on my nerves and really pi$$ing me off!! That is a different issue all together though!!!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Why doesn't H ever stop talking?

I think he's OD-ing on coffee or something, its like he's on speed....holy ****. He just won't stop talking all the time lately. And he will call me to ask silly questions or just chat about nothing. This is so not like him. This man usually almost NEVER calls me during the day - he's a workoholic and hates idle conversation at work. Maybe because he's slow with work and has nothing better to do? I mean, these days he will call me at work to ask me where the scotched tape is?? Who does that?? Or he will call me to tell me where he dropped off the latest trapped mouse (I don't care, as long as it's not at my house)!

I sometimes think he just wants to fill the empty quiet in the house. I kind of look forward to the empty quiet. Maybe he feels me pulling away...I don't know. But his endless yapping is really making nuts!