Anyone else party poop on New Years Eve?

BusynMember

Not only do hub and I not go out due to all the drunk drivers, but I usually can't even stay up until midnight :redface:. It's so bad that my daughter said to me,"New Years Eve isn't even really a holiday. It's just people getting drunk." Well, at least SHE is going to an overnight skate!!!
Any other party poopers? Got any plans for New Years Eve?

Jena

Party pooper #2!!!! :)

I keep kids every new years, ex husband goes out with-his wife. Kids and I stay home, play board games, I get appetizer food wings, and dips and stuff and we just hang out together and watch the ball drop in our pajamas and welcome the new year and kiss the old one GOOD BYE!!!!

ex husband and I did go into city Times Square one year when i was preg with difficult child to see it there live. same year we did xmas tree lighting. I was very hyper when i was pregnant with difficult child...lol very crazy. i was crazy lol.

M

ML

If I see the ball drop from Times Sq at 10 MST that's HNY enough for me. I don't think I've seen midnight in years.

klmno

Oh yeah- and I don't even do the party part of it. LOL! difficult child asked if we could go to a celebration down town, after explaining that I don't think our dogs could manage with us being out that late :D , I told him that he's too young for a street party and if we see any ball drop, raised, or thrown, it will be at home on tv. Nuff said.

We do cook out on the grill, maybe watch a movie, have a fire in the fire place, play a board game, stuff liike that- way before midnight!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I remember when the girls were little, I would let them throw a "new Year's Eve" party and 8:30PM was 'midnight', complete with noise makers and ginger ale. They loved it.

I am not a party pooper at heart, I just can't party like I used to...and with H not drinking anymore, he's not much of a partier either. Ah well, what can you do? I've had my fair share of partying anyway.

Now I wait for the ball to drop, douse the lights and hit the hay!

I'll be pooping right a long with ya, MWM. And in your time zone, too. I'm setting the clocks ahead 2 hours so at 10 Tink will think it is midnight, we'll drink some sparkling cider, and then be off to bed.

Go me.

everywoman

If I were in NYC, I would be right in the midst of Time Square. But here in Podunk America, between the gazillion fireworks, the rednecks with the loud, unmuffled trucks, and the wanna be rappers with the boom, boom of the bass on their speakers, well, there is not much reason to stay up---Jana and I will go to a wedding tomorrow. Her best guy friend is getting married. Then, I will start on New Year's Day dinner---all southern delicacies....hoppin' johns, collards, sweet potato bisquits, and slow cooked pork butt!!! That's worth the hoopla the night before.

Andy

easy child was 10 years old on 2000 New Year. She threw her first overnight party. She invited 5 friends. 2 had other plans with their families, 2 had parents who were very nervous about the Y2K problems so only 1 came. T.V. coverage of towns around the world was so awesome that year. It was like watching the new year come all night long.

The next several years easy child had more successful overnight parties.

We put snacks out and watch t.v. until the NYC Time Square ball drops. That is 11:00 pm our time and good enough for us. It is hard to stay up that late and I don't always do so either.

BusynMember

Heh. Nice to see other fellow "poopers." I have to laugh about 2000. I really wanted to stay up THAT year, but I still didn't make it!!! I was really bummed out about that.
Hub told me the next day that a few people threw firecrackers, but in smalltown Wisconsin...not much happened even that year :)

KTMom91

I always stay up to see the ball drop. Our first New Year's in this house, I was unemployed and hanging on by my fingernails, so I had to celebrate on the cheap. At midnight, I gave Miss KT a pan and a wooden spoon, and we went outside to make a lot of noise. I still remember this little 5 y o girl running around the front lawn, banging on her pan and screaming her head off.

Hubby and I are staying home, probably having shrimp and top hats, and we'll go outside at midnight and see how quickly the cops get here to find the illegal fireworks people. They get faster every year!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
My Dad was killed by a drunk driver. I am an unapologetic party pooper on NYE.

Make room on the couch for me.

Suz

tiredmommy

We ***may*** go to a party that is being thrown together by a friend... very low key. She said she would be surprised if everyone stays until midnight! This would be my first NYE out since before Duckie was born!

smallworld

For many years, we have hosted a New Year's Eve party with a few close friends and their kids. When the kids were little, we started at 6 pm, had a casual dinner and then trotted out the sparkling cider and noisemakers at 9 pm. Everyone left soon after so they could put their kids to bed. We're continuing the tradition this year, but the kids are getting older so I won't be surprised if everyone lasts until 10 pm. My own kids will try to stay up to watch the ball drop in Times Square (J and A should make it, but I'm not sure about M) and then head right off to bed. husband usually falls asleep on the couch while we're waiting for midnight.

4sumrzn

We've stayed in for quite a few years now. I can't recall the last time we watched the ball drop. I do have the TV on & "hear" the noise...open my eyes for 2 seconds & say Happy New Year to husband (he responds with a grunt). This year we are having family visiting for the night & will probably be awake......well, maybe!?

meowbunny

Supposed to go a party with my Saturday night game group -- all widows but me. I may make it. I really like these ladies. They're all so kind and generous even though I'm really not in a party mood. We shall see.

I am one of those who stays up til past midnight but then I'm nearly always up til 1:00 am anyway. Even so, I like the NYE. When my daughter was little, she had sleepovers and the kids and I would have a lot of fun. It was actually more fun than going out and partying.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We don't exactly poop out, but we don't usually go anywhere either. The last few years we pick out a series of movies for a marathon starting in the afternoon and going on through the evening (Star Wars or Pirates of the Caribbean or Indiana Jones or Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, etc.)

Then at midnight, we all get out the pots, pans, lids, wooden spoons, difficult child 2's trumpet, etc. and do our best to wake the dead and the rest of the neighborhood. I think we're usually the only fools out there freezing our tushies off, but the kids have a blast and we're all giggling the whole time. Then it's off to bed!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Scoot a cheek Suz. This is the first New Years that I won't be WORKING. This is the first year in 7 years that I won't be DJ'ing a party for a couple that have the same thing every year. It's weird...at max they'd have 10 people attend, but paid me $700 for the night. Low stress event.

This year? I work until 9pm (gotta love suspended alcohol sales at 9pm in WI), then going home to just chill.

Abbey

K

Kjs

Don't know if it is party poop. I work at Midnight. Hoping my 20 mile drive to Illinois will be a safe one and do not encounter drinkers on the road.

Everyone with parties - enjoy and be safe.
Everyone at home, enjoy ringing in the New Year with families.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Hope that is a big sofa because I am so not sticking my nose out the door (and am so not babysitting either) . I can barely stay awake on New Years - I always wake up when its here because some fool or two will shoot off fireworks (or a gun) and the dogs go ballestic..

I crammed in my fair share of partying in my younger days so don't think I am missing anything.

Marcie