Anyone else watching NFL? OMG!

DammitJanet

Can you believe both the Colts and the Saints lost yesterday? Ok...not so big a deal since the Saints had already blown their perfect season last week but the Colts pretty much just gave the game away yesterday by taking Payton out of the game early in the 3rd quarter only up by a few points. They werent playing a bad team either.

Now I am glad in a way that they wont have a perfect season. Well...I am very glad to be honest. I am a diehard Miami Dolphins fan from way back in the 70s. I remember the 72 dolphins and their perfect season. They are the only team to ever go undefeated through the entire regular season, playoff games and then win the Super Bowl. Plus they went halfway through the next season before losing a game.

Now one or two other teams have gone undefeated through the regular season but they didnt win the Super Bowl...so they cant claim to have beat Miami's title.

One more year, those 72 Dolphins can pop the cork on that bottle of Champagne...lol.

Have to say though that I am irritated with the Colts. I had picked them to win yesterday so I lost on my pool. Sigh.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hi Janet!

I am a HUGE Colts fan and yes, yesterday's game was a crime...

BUT from a Playoffs standpoint, the Colts didn't need the win and better to save their star players for the playoffs and not risk any injuries in an unimportant game--but STILL. To lose like that? Ugghh!!

DammitJanet

LOL...I sit here in Carolina and am shaking my head in disbelief. Where oh where have my panthers been all year? It gets to the end of the season and NOW they show up to play? LOL.

witzend

We don't have a pro team here, so it's very rare that we watch the NFL. So far this year, only the Steelers game that was on Monday Night Football.

There is a certain (Granddaddy of Them All) college bowl game that will be the center of a great party at our house on Friday. :) Lisa? Are you up for a little bet?

BusynMember

I was ticked that the Colts, my second favorite team, took out iron man Peyton Manning, and I hear he was upset as well.

But I was tickled pink on Monday night that Favre (the traitor) and the Vikings LOST to the struggling Chicago Bears. THAT made this Green Bay Packer fan do the happy dance! I guess MN will see that Brett can no longer play a whole season well and falters in the cold weather. Us Packer fans have seen that for about four years before he left.

Go Aaran Rodgers!!!!! I wuv Aaran!!!!:cheerleader:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay I'm with Janet - I have been a die hard Dolphins fan since the early 1970's.

Soooooo who else besides myself and Nancy (with season tickets) are DIE HARD BROWNS FANS? (DO NOT LAUGH)

And who is it looking like for the Super Bowl? I'm sorry after a bad season with the Browns - you just sorta loose interest. :confused:

DammitJanet

Well until the past two weeks, I really thought it was going to be a Chargers vs Vikings Super Bowl. I still think the Chargers have a really good chance to over take the Colts for the AFC. We shall see.

The NFC is up in the air to me. The Saints are really the best team but lately they have been beating themselves. If they can pull it together maybe. Otherwise, I hope Favre can pull it together and win this season.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm late coming into this but I could slap the Colts coaching staff. Unfortunately, I was in Georgia at the time and wasn't able to watch the game although we did get periodic updates. (they didn't broadcast that game in the area I was in). husband was also texting me constantly to keep me updated. It wasn't just Peyton they took out...they pretty much took out their entire first string of players.

I was not pleased. I realize too that no, they didn't "need" this game for the playoffs but HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Does no one not want 16 and 0???? Perfect season???? Any of this mean anything to anyone other than the freaking FANS??????

:slap:

Guess not.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I'm late coming into this but I could slap the Colts coaching staff. Unfortunately, I was in Georgia at the time and wasn't able to watch the game although we did get periodic updates. (they didn't broadcast that game in the area I was in). husband was also texting me constantly to keep me updated. It wasn't just Peyton they took out...they pretty much took out their entire first string of players.

I was not pleased. I realize too that no, they didn't "need" this game for the playoffs but HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Does no one not want 16 and 0???? Perfect season???? Any of this mean anything to anyone other than the freaking FANS??????

:slap:

Guess not.

I'll feel OK about not having a 16 - 0 season if they win the Super Bowl...

But if they're out of the playoffs early? O I'll be just furious!!!

BusynMember

I'm going to be cheering for the Colts because the Packers won't make it that far. I absolutely loathe Favre--not just for joining the Vikings, but for the drama he has caused several years before leaving the Packers that most people don't know about. I'm so over him and his ego. I don't think the Vikings will make it too far and Favre has a poor record playing in the cold, if he has to, and as the season goes along. After all, the man is forty, which is ninety in football years. Actually, it has been Adrian Peterson who has had an amazing year and in my opinion is the key to the Vikings success. I wish we had Adrian (name maybe spelled wrong).

I say go Colts ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
OK so I didn't see this weekend's game...

but I see that the Colts lost...

to the Bills??!!????!???

Are you kidding me? What happened...did the Colts head to the locker room after the first quarter or something? Who the heck was left on the field that the Colts didn't score even one point after the first quarter?

Anyone see the game?

DammitJanet

Well, yeah the Colts lost to the Bills..lol. It was in the snow so we must give them that. It was quite entertaining. I was smart enough to pick the Bills this time when picking my teams that were going to win!

The Colts did take their first string players out early. Probably for the best. Some other teams had injuries that will probably hurt them going in to the playoffs.

Other teams that lost this week that probably shouldnt have: The Saints lost to the Panthers. (Though Im not sure that they didnt play their good players!), Eagles lost to Dallas, New England lost to whoever they played...lol.