Anyone ever hear of person getting pregnant after vasectomy??

Jena

good morning,

Yes, it's me again eating up the boards as per usual with my endless posts this week. :)

Your all so good to me and patient. I'm trying to use periods in my posts though, a friend here pointed out I wasn't and they were let's just say incredibly hard to read.

So, anyone ever hear or experience themselves a pregnancy after your partner has had a vasectomy and confirmation after vasecomty that sperm was officially no longer viable or shall I say there??

I was just wondering about this. boyfriend had vasectomy two years ago, went to dr. afterwards and all. We both did the usual hiv/aids testing blood tests etc. recently actually so we're good there yet i have not used any form of birth control. I am allergic to it. It's very hard to find one in which works for me at this age especially fact I also smoke cigarettes I know bad habit i'm working on quitting.

Such a personal topic yet we discuss everything else so i figured i'd throw it out there....:)

We have actually spoken with dr. with whom performed it and he had it cut and burned or something lol i'm not saying it right yet whatever procedure he had it was supposedly thorough and dr. said no way, such a small chance it would grow back like one in a million chance.

any thoughts or shared experience with this?

:) thanks!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
ROFM(nonpregnant)BO.....

because you asked.....(snort) Thread topic said....(snort) anyone ever hear of a person getting pregnant after a vasectomy????

:abouttime::doctor::dont_know::holymoly::surprise:

Thanks Jen - Got what you meant but it was still worth laughing with you about.

And......to answer the post?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO. But I'm sure it happens.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My sister's exh got the woman he was cheating on my sister with pregnant (he was 59 and the woman was 35). He had a vasectomy over 25 years earlier after my 2nd nephew was born. The exh has yet to openly admit to my sister that the child is his, yet the little boy is IDENTICAL to my nephew. There was talk that my nephew asked his dad (sister's exh) about the girlfriend's child and exh intimated to his son that it was his. My sister asked her DR and the DR said that it is most definitely possible that the vas deferens can reconnect - especially with older vasectomies. It's also possible that he had it deliberately fixed.

I was 'late' this month and I joked with H that maybe I was pregnant. He said, "Great" (real sarcastically) and left the room...then came running back in and asked, "Wait! Are you stepping out on me?!". He forgot he had a vasectomy almost 5 years ago! LOL. I said, "No honey, it's just me midlife hormones acting up again..."

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Who thinks they are pregnant? And does the board have a Baby curse/blessing on it??? Because if it does husband is not getting any in a long time.... Despite having a V.
Are you pregnant Jen? Do tell...

Oh yeah,

My nephew is living proof that this does happen! There were many tense moments until my sister in law talked my brother in law into going back for a "check". He hadn't gone back for his scheduled check up after the procedure - he was just too busy and thought he didn't need to.

He should have known better - he's a M.D..... Sure enough ,he was still, shall we say, able to father a child. And, sister in law breathed a sigh of relief - after she killed him :)

Jena

LOL Star you kill me!!! See you were wrong this time!!! wrong!!! :) I was just thinking today hmmm how can I avoid anymore mishaps in my little soga - ish life?? LOL :)

Jo - I'm so sorry to hear that in regards to your sister, what a true nightmare . I've heard of it happening alot also with the older vasectomies apparentley they didn't cut and burn enough back than lol. ok that's kinda funny about what your husband said. :)

Trinity - so have i in certain circumstances.

T - LOL........ in regards to cutting your husband off. So, he had one also? Do you trust it? No, I'm very late but I highly doubt it. My obvious anxiety issues lol can has caused me to run a bit late before. Wow, where would we even put one?? lol it would have to sleep in my truck :)

I was just sitting here thinking today and pondering in my little "jen time" saying hmmm I wonder if this could ever happen. We have spoken of it and his reaction was well I've seen the mailman (soo not your type lol), i guess it could happen, yet what are the odds of that? My answer with my life I never say never. no longer part of my vocab.

You guys are going to find this so disturbing, yet mos. before she dumped him ( my boyfriend's ex that is) she had him get the vasectomy. Than two days before valentine's day she gave him the boot. He was so upset at the thought that he could never produce again, especially since he was thrown in a situation where he'd have to begin again with his life.

jal

A couple that used to live next door to us had 2 kids when they decided H should get a vasectomy. He did not go back to have it checked and his wife ended up pregnant. After the initial shock and going through "do I want to have another child" she decided that she wanted to have the baby, but she sadly miscarried.

I just wish my husband would stop being a chicken about it and get it done!

DDD

Grandchild #10 was post vasectomy. sister in law made accusations (although half
silly and in jest). Turns out sister in law lied about going back for the checkup because he was embarrassed to sit in a room looking at magazines. :tongue:
The unexpected Grandchild looks exactly like him..lol. DDD

Jena

DDD - That's funny waiting room looking at the magazines. It's more usual to happen as you said before they go back for their check up following the actual procedure. I think there's a slight chance after the procedure and years have passed yet there is always a chance. I spent sometime reading up on it.

Just wanted to clarify i'm sure all of you know what i meant, yet when I said i wanted to avoid any mishaps I didn't mean that in a bad way. I actually love kids and would love to have another someday, yet my "someday's" are running short lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
YES

That's how I got Nichole. :D

Just make certain husband goes back for ALL his post op checks. husband only went back for the first one. Then a 6 months later we discover it didn't work because I was prengnant with Nichole. After that we just sort of gave up on birth control altogether.

Tuble ligation and vasectomys are not 100 percent. Nothing is. There will always be that small percent that gets pregnant anyway. But it is at least as effective as the bc you've been using.

Hugs

Jena

Jo- Wow!!

Lisa - Wow to you also!! aww she was totally meant to be.

I guess they truly don't want to admit it happens!!!

Scary, we should all go wrap ourselves up in saran wrap or something lol!!!! :)

muttmeister

It happened to my cousin and also to a friend of mine so I know it is possible. difficult child 2 is scheduled to have one and his doctor told him that, in addition to the tests they will do several times afterwards to be sure all is OK, he should be checked periodically to be sure he is still "safe."

KTMom91

I have heard of it happening...and I wonder occasionally when I'm late...because Hubby had his vasectomy about 18 years ago. I figure I've been safe for eight years...but OMG, I would run screaming down the street if I got pregnant.

Jena

Mary - That's funny........... :)

it's amazing though how it isn't full proof. They say years ago they used the "clip" method which has shown repeatedly to not be very effective because the clip can losen. I don't think anything is full proof. Plus as we begin to getolder our hormones change so drastically as well, sometimes for the good sometimes for the bad. :)

bby31288

husband was done about 14 years ago. Snipped and burned! LOL...his doctor required 2 zero counts in 1 month span to pronounce him with no swimmers. He was zero the first count, Zero the second and have had no problems~

mom_in_training

Yep, It can happen. My understanding is that after the procedure there is still live sperm. Sperm count testing is done at followup appointment to assure that there are no as bby31288 said no swimmers.