Anyone ever heard of Child Antisocial Behavior as a diagnosis?

BloodiedButUnbowed

Found some old paperwork relating to DS's psychiatric history, and was browsing through it - turns out DS was diagnosed with "Child Antisocial Behavior" in the fifth grade (I met his mom when he was in 8th grade). Has anyone heard of this? It seems like perhaps the clinician didn't want to "commit" to a Conduct Disorder or Oppositional Defiant Disorder diagnosis, and this was a milder version they were more comfortable with.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
As far as I know ODD is the milder form of CD and when over 18 is when CD is referred to as Adult Antisocial Disoerder. Sounds like a non commital diagnosis for sure. Surprised a clinician would diagnose in this manner but perhaps the categories were not as well defined back when the diagnosis was written.

BloodiedButUnbowed

The report was pretty interesting and provided a lot of information I didn't know, simply because I wasn't around back then. Suffice it to say, DS has been violent and aggressive toward others, has lacked empathy, and experienced disciplinary and academic problems at school since at least the age of 9 - in the report, DS told the interviewer he could remember getting in trouble for "talking during inappropriate times" in preschool!

It's heartbreaking to me that he never received the intensive, probably residential, level of care that might have helped him the most (and as a special education teacher, that he was not evaluated for an IEP until the age of 15. It is possible that it was suggested and my wife/DS's father refused). As a child, he was a victim of the dysfunction between his biological parents. They could not, and still cannot, co-parent effectively or consistently.

Tonight's party will hopefully go well.....let us know if your son returns home today LBL, and what you decide to do!