Anyone ever used Intuniv

weenie1

crazy mom
Has anyone ever used this. difficult child 2 psychiatrist added this to her current medications. So I am just curious if it works. she just started this week.

jannie

trying to survive....
Yes, my younger son was on it for about 4 months and although there were a few benefits regarding improved attention I believe it actually made him more cranky and irritable. He also seemed to frustrate worse than usual. My psychiatrist encouraged me to keep it going for quite some time and he was up to 4 mg. Eventually we stopped it and once we stopped it.

After the unsuccessful trial with my younger son I began it with my older son. He has been on it for about 3 1/2 months...and I have been pleased. For some strange reason he has been able to walk up so much easier in the morning and he seems to be less cranky. So who knows...why it works for one and not the other. My son is taking intuniv and vyvanse and lamictal.

Good luck

C

Chailya

Yes..difficult child finished a trial run of Intuniv about 3 weeks ago. We noticed a improvement at about the 2mg mark with decrease in his overall agitation/frustration but opted to leave it off his regimen for now since there is only a month left of school, and this we know is a major contributor to his stress levels.

Chailya

Pandora

Our son has been on this for a couple of months now. He has been able to gain weight for the first time in 3 years, and it has made his pacing much less constant. He still needs some Concerta in the morning on school days. If you are going to continue it, make sure you get generic.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wee trialed it for about a month, and we did see some positive results. We only gave him 1mg, as 2mg knocked him out. Ideally, we'd have given him 1mg when he woke up, and another about 11am, but we didn't have that option. My insurance is refusing to pay anything for it, and a script for 1 pill a day was in excess of $500 a month; 2 pills a day was double that...I am in the process of appealing it with the insurance company.

shellyd67

We tried it for a few weeks and it just wasn't the right fit for my difficult child. He was lethargic in school, very emotional, and his attention and focus seemed worse. But what doesn't work for some may work wonderfully for others . Good Luck and keep us posted. :D