Anyone feel the earthquake?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
No, BBK, not yours.

There really was one last night. In Illinois. 5.2. Everyone I know felt it.

Me? I was sitting her on the computer typinr responses to the board and catching up (couldn't sleep) and I didn't notice it at all! Bummer!!!!

skeeter

yep, we felt it in Cincy. I was sitting on the edge of the bed, getting ready for work. One of the dogs was laying on the floor against the opposite edge. I yelled at him to "stop scratching", but he was sound asleep. Then they said on the radio it was an earthquake, so I had to apologize to the dog!!!!

MyFriendKita

There was another one (4.2, I think) around 10:30 this morning. I felt that one, but slept through the other one, until difficult child woke me up-he thought something hit the back of the house.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I was awake but didn't feel it. easy child thinks she felt it-thought it was thunder. I remember one in '86 or '87 in Wisconsin-it shook my whole apt!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Come to CALIFORNIA sometime ;) ! Rumor has it we're overdue for a BIG one... like 7+ (eek!). Time to velcro down the china hutch... and the TV.... and the kids. Oh wait! I already do that (hee-hee!).

scent of cedar

Is this earthquake happening along the Madrid fault?

Does the fault line run from Wisconsin ro Arkansas?

I don't know whether anyone here has read any Edward Casey, but isn't he the one who, so many years before we even knew there was a fault line running down the middle of the country, saw his future self paddling down a river created after the earthquake that had emptied the Great Lakes and changed the course of the Mississippi?

Or am I getting this all wrong.

:)

Spooky stuff.

Barbara

Ephchap

Some areas here in Michigan also felt it, but not me. Of course, I was just walking into the kitchen to get my first cup of coffee, so if the earth shifted, I probably just thought I needed that caffeine more than I thought I did. lol.

Deb

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Some areas here in Michigan also felt it, but not me. Of course, I was just walking into the kitchen to get my first cup of coffee, so if the earth shifted, I probably just thought I needed that caffeine more than I thought I did. lol.

:rofl:

husband looked it up when he came home. He said some of these were supposed to be from 17 kilos down in the earth. I dunno why but he seemed a little concerned about that.

Mom said she was up on her way to the bathroom. Luckily she'd sat back down on the bed for some reason. She said she heard 2 or 3 really LOUD Kabooms and everything started shaking. She thought the mirror was going to break on her dresser. My brother is going to check the house for damage today, but she doesn't think there is any.

Barb, I've watched things about Edward Casey, too. If I remember right he predicted alot of quakes leading up to 2012. (along with other things) Interesting stuff. I used to have a link to his website.