Anyone feel this way?

happymomof2

Like in an action packed movie:

The one actor is calling to the bomber plane -

"ABORT, ABORT, ABORT" Then the plane blows up because he wasn't able to abort.

So here is my script:

"DETACH, DETACH, DETACH"

Am I going to blow up?? Feel like it!:whiteflag:

judi

We had this scenario all too frequently in our home when our son lived with us. It does ease some of the strain when they move out as meowbunny states. However, on the flip side, if they show no signs of stability and live a chaotic lifestyle, you still never completely relax.

Got a call on my cell in the middle of the night the other night - I jumped out of bed, answered it, wrong number and took forever to get back to sleep. I know someday that call will come...so the drama continues.

So Tired

Yep it's hard to step back and bite your tongue, especially when they keep making such bad decisions -- and it's everyone's fault but theirs!
I think there is a thread in the archives on detachment statements that was pretty hilarious...

So Tired

Looked it up -- it is in the Parent Emeritus archives and is titled "Let's Brainstrom and make a list". It really gave me a laugh! Wish I was half as clever in my interactions with difficult child!

Star*

call 911........call 911
(walks in, fixes skirt, sits down in leather chair)

Looks at hmo2 and says while beginning to write on long legal pad....

"So how long have you been hearing mission control voices in your head?"

:tongue:

The movie I play is Steamboat Willie - the spaghetti legged Mickey Mouse that is bouncing up and down while whilstling a toon & steering a boat. It's the only thing that I could ever see that really helped me go "somewhere" else so I could detach.

happymomof2

(walks in, fixes skirt, sits down in leather chair)

Looks at hmo2 and says while beginning to write on long legal pad....

"So how long have you been hearing mission control voices in your head?"

:tongue:

The movie I play is Steamboat Willie - the spaghetti legged Mickey Mouse that is bouncing up and down while whilstling a toon & steering a boat. It's the only thing that I could ever see that really helped me go "somewhere" else so I could detach.

:rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
(tap, tap)

Would you please do the sound effects that go with Abort, abort, abort - then plane blows up?)

It would help me to gain more perspective on your HYSTERICAL analogy.

But I want to see how the words are written vs. how they sound.

lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
TOTO -

See invisible post - it said

AND TOTO will buy me a donkey ranch. lol :tongue: and take me for ice cream, and buy me the canary diamond, and give me wonderwomans invisible jet, and a kitteh, and a catbus so I can vacation with all my donkeys -
(sorry about the hijack)

F

flutterbee

I wonder what kind of reaction I would get from difficult child if I just started yelling, "Abort! Abort! Abort!"

Might be able to sell tickets.....

Me? I just try to become invisible. I'm really working hard on honing that super power.

Christy

Action Adventure? Sometimes I feel like it's a horror movie!

I keep waiting for the movie to end so that I can pop in a nice family-friendly, feel good film.
:)