Anyone following the Jodi Arias trial?

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I swore to myself that the Casey Anthony trial was enough for me and would never follow a trial again LOL but I cannot shut the dang thing off. Am facinated that the jury gets to question her and the rate they are going with the questions, this may last with her on the stand for over a year already.

I dont know if I was her mother I would be able to sit thru all of the sex stuff ad naseum day after day listening to this.

Marcie

DDD

I'm not following it in depth but I do watch a thirty minute recap most nights. Personally I think it's great that the Jury gets to submit questions. I sat on a murder Jury years ago and "if" the jurors could have asked only one or two questions the chances are the man would not have been found not guilty. When the attorneys leave a "blank" in the story you have to guess......and you can't convict with a guess.

Her poor parents, sigh, likely have years of difficult child experience. I don't envy them. Honestly I'm not sure that I really understand the defense. Maybe I have missed too much. Casey, on the other hand, I followed closely and unlike most people I really don't think she was proven guilty. Not to say I think she's innocent, but I don't think she was proven guilty.
DDD

DammitJanet

I am a court TV junkie. Of course we know she killed him but if she thinks anyone believes a word she says she is kidding herself. I assume now that all women will just assume that they can kill someone and claim that they have been abused in some way and all will be well. In this case she has slung everything against the wall accept Travis having sex with his parents and animals. I dont know how her parents can sit there and listen to her claim they abused her when if they really had Im sure the defense would have put them on. Statute of limitations is long over for hitting and yelling at your kid. And her shaking when the prosecutor questioned her? Oh please...I didnt see it. I watched every second and went back and checked. They got her dead to rights on the 3 5 gallon gas cans. Note to self - dont use your debit card when committing a crime!

Guilty guilty guilty. She can "Smile and say Cheese" on her way to prison.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I only catch recaps here and there, but she's so inconsistent and looks so smug... I just don't believe her at all.

DammitJanet

Yeah she hasnt done herself any favors the way she testifies. She acts like a meek little mouse when she is on the stand with her lawyer and then when she is cross examined by the prosecutor she gets all smug looking with that little smile on her face while looking at the jury and she almost gets this look of joy as she tries to beat him with lies. What she does is come across as a woman who would never take anything from any man and would be the last person to put up with abuse. She looks like a very strong woman. She tells her lawyer that Travis was this awful guy who made her do all these kinky sex acts but on the phone sex call she was so happy and giggling and boy was she into it and sure sounded like she was as into it as much as him if not more. If she was faking, she is a darned good actress. I actually listened to the entire unedited phone call online and it was xrated.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am glad they are on break till Wednesday - gives me time to get my brain "unscrambled" and out of the "fog". Have been catching up on stuff that I missed via You Tube. She just makes.me.crazy. When she is answering the jury questions, she turns to them, smiles then starts rambling like she is in a coffee shop talking to a bunch of friends. Which I guess is her atty's point - longer she is kept up there longer the jury will get used to her. I didn't realize her attorney is actually the woman. Her male attorney, who asks her questions then sort of answers them for her at the same time (knowing he will get an object from the pros but its out in the air already) specializes in defending sex crimes, I wonder who is paying him. Maybe she is getting the money selling her "art" on ebay

Marcie

I too said never again after imvesting so much time into the Casey A trial. But I can't stop watching this from the moment I get home from work until bedtime. Her obvious enjoyment of this from day 1 is so strange, there is no remorse, every word out of her mouth is a lie. The jury will give her the DP. The longer she stays there, the worse it gets for her. The jury is not buying this, wow.The phone calls are nothing unusual or abusive, private and loving, not meant to be displayed. Even when presented with evidence she denies. Returning the gas can, gun casing in the blood.....this is evidence and she says the evidence is wrong......come on.

BusynMember

After watching Casey Anthony walk free in the face of overwhelming circumstantial evidence, even if it was the right decision (I don't know if it was or not), I decided not to devote to much time to this trial. I have seen some of it and Jodi makes in my opinion a terrible and not credible witness. I wonder if she'll go free too.