Anyone have any Morning sickness tips? LOL

J

joneshockey

I now take my prenatal vitamin at night before bed because I would nearly throw up everytime I would take it in the morning... I'm not sure, but I think it had to do with my gag reflexes and not having as full of a stomach in the AM.

donna723

Has Mandy been to an OB yet? My daughter is a nurse and works for a doctors office. I would never recommend that Mandy try this without checking with her doctor first, but when Allison was pregnant and having bad morning sickness, her OB put her on Benadryl! I had never heard of Benadryl being used for this before, only as an antihistime, but apparently there is something in there that also works on morning sickness nausea. Allison said it really helped and she took it every day until she was past the morning sickness stage of her pregnancy.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The smell of prenatal vitamins could sent me to the bowl. Those things are foul. Very necessary, but foul smelling out the wazoo.

I couldn't take them in the mornings. I had to wait until dinner time.

I wonder if they could do something with the smell? eww ugh

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hmm... Last year, when we were trying they put me on prenatal vitamins. I still have the Rx, so I'm still getting them. MAN, are my hair and nails doing great!!!

Funny thing - mine don't smell AT ALL. And since my sense of smell has come back with a vengeance since I quit smoking, you'd think I'd notice. They are so big they tend to stick on the way down, but they don't bother me at all otherwise (which is good, 'cause the Chantix DOES make me queasy).

...Someone I know said to mention peanut butter thinly spread on saltines, for the protein. Keeps the ol' tummy too busy to puke, I guess.

susiestar

Roll With It
I couldn't take prenatals either. No matter what I did or when I took them I got really really sick. Now the docs think it is because I react that way to Vit D, that I was doing it back then too. All I know is that milk was NOT happening and neither were those nasty prenatal vitamins. I ate other sources of dairy, took the chewable calcium (which I hated then and hate now) and tried to eat a healthy diet. Otherwise i just couldn't gain weight because I didn't just get sick until the vitamins came up - I kept barfing for hours after I took them. none of my 3 ob/gyns believed me until I took one in the office and it took 4-5 hours before I could stop heaving enough to drive home. Each of them didn't believe it happened with at home and happened with prior pregnancies (I had different docs for each kid's birth/preg) and then were stunned when I had to stay at their office for hours before I could safely drive anywhere. After that happened I got permission to deal with the vitamins through various foods in a healthy diet rather than by choking down those vomit vitamins. With each of the pregnancies I tried no less than 5 brands of prenatals. I still want to gag at the thought.

husband thought it was AWESOME. He would take the vitamins when he had a stressful day ahead or a trip or was tired because they gave him a TON of energy, lol!!

M

Mamaof5

http://www.threelollies.com/

I used these for all 5 of my pregnancies. Had horrible, horrible all day nauseau with mine. Especially the boys. Preggo Pops might help, saliva has a natural anti-nausiant built by our own bodies and the sucking on a candy motion helps produce more of our own saliva.

If you can't get those or she can't - try just peppermint cadies, not chewing them, just suck on them. B6, B12 and B2's all help with that as well, ginger is a natural anti-nausiant, ironically - so is garlic and salt. A tought of salt water in the morning before getting up will help and the saltines are great because they absorb the extra stomach acids that we produce while pregnant (it's the hormones from pregnancy that causes extra acid production in the gut).

Josie

For me, eating helped. Not just a cracker but a meal. I would eat 2 McDonald hamburgers, even. It seems counter-intuitive, but it worked. Even now, when I am nauseous, I try to eat to see if I will feel better.

There is a prescription bracelet out now for morning sickness called the Prima Bella. It helps with my daughter's nausea (not caused by pregnancy) and it helped mine when I used it one day.