Anyone hear from Star lately?

Mom2oddson

With everything that has been happening with her health, I'm hoping that she is recovering with no further developments. She's such a special person, I'd hate for anything more to happen to her.

klmno

I was thinking she was on a couple of days ago- that I saw a reply by her in someone's thread, but I could be mistaken.

donna723

I was just thinking the same thing. It looks like the last time she posted was last Saturday, July 3rd. Hope she's OK.

Star*

call 911........call 911
She's a hot mess......and so silly - I think the heat has gotten to her. I saw her just the other night playing dressup in heels and pirate boots. :tongue:

I'm feeling loads better. Thanks luvs!

Mom2oddson

So glad to hear that you are feeling better. :D

heels and pirates boots? One on each foot...? How does heels and pirate boots work? enquiring minds want to know.... or is it frazzled minds.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Mstang went shopping and didn't get me what I wanted. :laugh:

(A note from Pootie) - hang on....

Dear Board Aunties,

Pwease say a pwayer or 100 dat my Grrrrrrrama dits better fast fast cuz she makin; me cwazy. Since she stays in bed? She mades me hab my toenails painted PURPLE and then reds, and pinks and now purples again. I gots to gits her better - yesserday I sees her looking at ribbon and I think O.M.DOG......she gonna makes me a bow. I don't know where she think she gonna puts that bow.....(i have idea :smug:) but it not goes on me. I nots a girly-girl.

Thank u vewwy muches -
Pootie

trinityroyal

Star, so glad to hear you're feeling better.

I'm thinking about pirate boots and heels, and can only come up with a combination that my husband refers to as...um..."lying down" boots...

(Back to the corner with me)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
husband used to refer to footwear like that as <expletive> me shoes/boots...move over Trinity...I'm right on your heels...eeeerrrrmmm...make room for me in the corner, I'll bring lox and bagels and cream cheese.

Marguerite

Hey Star how about you and me go paint the town all sorts of toenail colours, I bought some new pirate boots on Thursday. They're over-the-knee black boots which fold down to those really amazing Captain Hook look things. I also bought some skimpy leggings to go with them - I'm especially enjoying the fleecy-lined stretch denim leggings, they and the boots are keeping my legs warm even in a Canberra winter!

Glad you're doing OK and driving Pootie crazy..

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - first off - I'm NOT married. So I don't have THOSE kinds of boots in my closet. The temptation would be too much.

Secondly - Ya'll hasta remember I'm just NOW getting back to even thinking about prancy boots - Seriously...At nearly 300 lbs. you don't own Captain Morgan boots or Captain Jack Sparrow Boots. You might WANT them - and you might THINK you can wear them and you may try them on - but in all seriousness - and I did - "HAVE" them - but when you walk out across any lawn? The best look you're gonna get is that of a large woman in a white night gown wobbling helplessly, desperate to free herself from clods of grass. NOT a hot babe, in a Jerry Seinfeld pirate shirt and hot to trot Marg-described pirate thigh high boots awaiting her swarthy long haired hot-blooded romantic sailor. I know - I tried it - and the comment that was made was - "Honey - I can hook the tractor up to the aerator if you want to poke holes in the lawn - we have equipment for that."

:tongue:

Marguerite

Star, you sound about the same size as my best friend. She's just begun a business making sexy leisure wear for larger ladies. I suggested she call it "Elegant Sufficiency". She chose something a bit more understated. But she's a classic example of how size doesn't stop you looking sexy.

I'm a bit slimmer these days (had to do something urgently - the doctor said I was heading for bypass surgery, and I didn't want surgery, so instead I ate as if I'd already had bariatric surgery). However, I still have to be careful about sunbaking nude at the beginning of summer. Last time, Greenpeace tried to roll me back in to the water. And one year all that white cellulite got mistaken for a bulk delivery of cottage cheese!

I wore heels to difficult child 1's wedding which was on a lawn by the beach, and found my shoes punching holes through the lawn with a nasty crunching feeling; I finally had to kick off my shoes and go barefoot. Like the bride.

So never toss out hope that you too could look fabulous in whatever boots you want.

Speaking of boots (now we've finally hijacked this thread) - have you seen a British-made film called "Kinky Boots"? It stars a good Aussie actor called Joel Edgerton. He has gorgeous wolf-like eyes. It's a great film to make you feel good about being different and to have courage to make change even when things look desperate. There's some great drag cabaret in it, too.

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
I WILL SOoooooooooooooo SPANK YOU!!!!!! OMG........

I MEAN........(ah he he AHEM)

OH MSTANG YOU ARE SO LOVELY, AND SUCHA GOOD FRIEND - YOU WOULD NEVER PART WITH OUR DEEPEST, FUNNIEST ........SECRETS....WOULD YOU?

Oh dear.....:sick: Now I really AM sick......(remembering all of her mwah hahahahah moments) :whiteflag:

Last edited: