I haven't posted here in a while. My son just turned 11. His dr. put him back on abilify. He is now taking 7.5 ml. each day. It seems to help somewhat, but he is still has occasional "fits of rage". He dr. wants to put him on an adhd medication called procentra. The pharmacy has not filled it yet. Since he had scary reactions to respidone and seroquil, I am really terrified to try this too. Since this is a stimulant, will this make his aggression worse? His dr. said that the effects of this medication is only 4 hours.

InsaneCdn

Had to look it up, it's related to dextroamphetamine. It is a stimulant, but not related to methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, etc.)

For the record, it is NOT related to Risperidone, which is not a stimulant, it's an AP. Looks like it's not related to seroquil either.

Thanks. I have read that autistic kids that are put on ritalin could make them much more aggressive. If this medication helps, he can take it 3x a day.

InsaneCdn

Well... I don't know about 3x/day... it would probably affect his sleep.
Many kids who can't take Ritalin... can't take Dexedrine (the basic format of the one you're looking at) either.
There's the NON-stimulant for ADHD, Strattera, not sure if that's an option.