Anyone heard of "cheese?"

CAmom

This was a new one on me...our local paper had a big writeup about it yesterday. Apparently, this is a very cheap ($2.00 a hit) mixture of cold medicine and tar heroin.

The article said that it's HIGHLY addicting, and kids as young as 9 years old are already addicts. VERY scary!

KFld

Oh that's just great. Another way to get these kids addicted to this crap. You mix the sweet taste of the cold medicine and the younger ones think it's great, without ever realizing just one time with heroin you can be hooked for life.

skeeter

I really wish that people would find something other than cold medicine to corrupt!!! I'm getting sick of jumping through hoops just to legally get my allergy medicine!!

DammitJanet

Aint that the truth Skeeter! I feel like a felon every time I go and buy a package of Sudafed.

I hoard my poor little box of those magic red pills with more care than I do my prescription pills...lol.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It's a powdered snortable heroin made by mixing black tar heroin with Tylenol PM and processing under heat to dry it. It is a yellowish color and comes in a coarse powder, hence the name 'cheese'

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It's a powdered snortable heroin made by mixing black tar heroin with Tylenol PM and processing under heat to dry it. It is a yellowish color and comes in a coarse powder, hence the name 'cheese'

CAmom

The news article I read specifically mentioned Texas as being the "hotbed," at least at this point, and reported that there were many very young children who were already "hooked" and reluctant to try rehab because of the awful symptoms of withdrawal.

I've got to say, I'm glad my son is in an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) so that this newest "trend" bypasses him!

gottaloveem

How horrid. Kids will be less afraid of this because the cold medicine part makes it seem less dangerous. At only two dollars a hit kids can roll up pennies to get it.

This could be disastrous.