Anyone know where I can buy stamps?

H

HaoZi

Customer service at grocery stores, Wal-Mart, even some banks. Some post offices also have stamp machines in the part of the lobby you can get to after hours.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Walgreen's and CVS both sell stamps, all you have to do is ask the cashier. Most grocery stores sell them at the service desk, as does WalMart.

donna723

Our grocery store sells them too. Used to drive me right up the wall when I was still working! The only time I could get to the post office when they were open was on Saturday mornings. I tried to keep up with stamps but was always running out, but there were vending machines for stamps in the PO lobby that I could use. Then I went in there one day to buy a stamp for something that I HAD to mail and the machines were GONE! And those people had the nerve to put up signs where the machines used to be that read, "For your convenience the stamp machines have been removed from our lobby"!!!! WTH???? That's when I discovered that they had them at the grocery store!

H

HaoZi

They put up the same sign when they took the machine out of post office here. Didn't make sense to me, either.

donna723

It used to make me so mad that I had such a hard time getting in there when they were open! When I was working they weren't open yet when I left for work and they were already closed by the time I got home! And on Saturdays they are open for exactly 2-1/2 hours, 8:30 till 11:00 a.m. There were times I couldn't wait for Saturday and actually had to miss an hour or so of work to go to the post office. The stamp machines were the last straw. And even when they had the machines, half the time they were either out of stamps or they wouldn't take the money!

H

HaoZi

If you don't need them right away, you can order them online or leave money in the mailbox with a note for the carrier.

DDD

My department store sells them too.

My rant is that our PO cut back their hours and the last mail post is before 5 pm. When you run a small business and you have to mail sales tax with a postmark of X...that means you have to remember to write the check and give it to the mailman on the 19th. I know it sounds silly but often the 20th is the day I remember and the State charges outrageous penalties if your postmark is a day late. Most businesses are small and close at 5 so you're out of luck if you want to post then. End of rant! DDD

H

HaoZi

Some of the paid postage machines aren't that expensive, don't those also postmark it?