Anyone planning to see "One for the Money"?

rejectedmom

[h=6] I am trying to keep an open mind but think the role of Stephanie Plum was badly mis-cast. Sandra Bullock would have been perfect. Even Janet Evonovich the author wanted Bullock. Katerine Heigl? It is a streach. Also mis-cast Morellei in my opinion. He is Italian in the book and in name so why not at least pick someone that looks Italian?[/h]

witzend

No way. It's going to be a bomb. You have to already be a fan of the series to appreciate the wildness of the story lines, or you could be hooked in with a likeable cast. But Katherine Horrible? Never!

rejectedmom

I'm going to go. I just do not understand why they went so far away from the character in casting the role. Why not follow the author's suggestions of Sandra Bullock or Anne Hathaway? I cannot imagine Heigl being any less expensive so that can't be the reason.

I will do a senior's matinee that only cost $6. That way I won't feel robbed if it is a bomb.

H

HaoZi

I think it's badly mis-cast as well, but the previews still look funny. If I can swing it we'll go.

muttmeister

I've read every book so far and I'm definitely going. I agree about the miscasting but Sherri Shepherd is PERFECT as Lula and Debbie Reynolds sounds like she might be OK for Grandma. Katherine Heigl does seem wrong for Stephanie but I'll keep an open mind. I like the guy they got for Morelli but it seems stupid to cast an Irish actor to play an Italian. And in my fantasies, Ranger has always been Vin Diesel. But I'm going anyway. I talked my book club into reading the book so we will probably go as a group.