Anyone read this?

Lothlorien

Alice I have been by Melanie Benjamin.
I like historical fiction. It looks interesting.

What's everyone reading right now?

H

HaoZi

I'm reading Port Mortuary by Patrica Cornwell. There's a char in this one with Asperger's, but he seems very textbooky and edging on the barely functioning in life end of the spectrum. I've read just about everything she's ever written, and I would have thought if any of them are Aspies, it would have been Lucy (brilliant with computers and machines, not so much with people).

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ummm... Alice's Adventures in Wonderland... No joke, I got it for free on my ereader... And also Simple Genius by David Baldacci.

I love Cornwell!!! Though the more recent ones have gotten a bit strange...

Steely

I just finished Mary Karr's latest memoir 'Lit'. Awesome read!!! Her first 2 memoirs 'Liar's Club' and 'Cherry' are equally as compelling.

H

HaoZi

Step, this one is a return to the first person point of view of Scarpetta. :)

AHHUM

Really, you all have the presence of mind to read? LOL & WOW. I used to read several books a week, but have not been able to concentrate long enough to finish a chapter, much less a WHOLE book for the last three years! I miss Nora Roberts & Patricia Cromwell, among others, so much.

How do you get to the point to be able to read & comprehend again?

H

HaoZi

I'm not able to read as much as I used to, but books are my addiction, have been since I was little. Drove both ex's up the wall because I CANNOT go to sleep without reading. Might be a paragraph, might be half a book, but I simply cannot fall asleep without reading. I tend to have several books going at the same time - one in the truck to carry with me when I'm sitting in a waiting room, one in the bathroom, one in the bedroom, and one in the living room is not an uncommon thing for me. Can't wait until my Kindle gets delivered! I read while watching TV, try for it during commercials but usually end up missing half the show instead, lol.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I finished Elizabeth Korostova's The Swan Thieves a few weeks ago during the difficult child 1 crisis, then started up with 3 Cups Of Tea last week but haven't had time to finish it the past few days.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - that's me! I finally gave up on TV. I'll turn the radio on while I read - I don't tend to miss things that way.

I just re-read the shampoo bottles earlier today...

H

HaoZi

LOL, I used to drive my parents nuts reading at the table. They banned the reading material during dinner so I would read the ketchup bottle or anything else that was set out. Eventually I started eating at the kitchen counter/bar instead so I could read. My therapist and parents weren't too happy, but it was best compromise we were going to get. I read the shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel bottles EVERY time I shower or bathe.