Anyone shop from the Domestications catalog or website?

TerryJ2

Thank you. I'll probably pass. I love their designs but we're totally out of money. A home improvement project got out of control because we found wood rot all over the place ... mostly in hard-to-get-to places. Sigh.
I ordered sheets from them once, and it turned out they were 100% cotton and I had to iron them. I HATE ironing. Now I always read the labels.

TerryJ2

I can't find them in the linen closet. Maybe I already gave them away? I'll look in the garage ...
I mean, when I say I hate ironing, I really mean it!

Mom2oddson

when I say I hate ironing, I really mean it!

My Mother is the worst about ironing. About every 10 years, she goes through her ironing pile, not to iron, but so that she can get rid of things. I will alway remember being a high school senior and my Mom coming to me with a shirt I wore in 5th grade and asking me if I wanted it back or if it was okay for her to give it away..... My Dad refers to it as her "never to be seen again" pile. (her mending pile is worse)

susiestar

Roll With It
That sounds like my mom's mending and ironing piles. My mom LIKES to sew and to mend but her sewing area is always piled with stuff. Right now she has my bro's old bedroom for her sewing and it is PILED to about 4-6 feet high with stuff, mostly projects she started and didn't finish or plans to start soon. And she has enough fabric to clothe everyone in Oklahoma. For a week. I am NOT joking. She has a shed packed full of fabric, plus that room and a storage unit she rents that my father isn't supposed to know about. We won't speak about her storage unit full of office supplies - mostly binders and folders students turned in with assignments and never picked up. They are still usable so she cannot pitch them. I plan to either have a storage unit sale or an auction of them if I even have to deal with them!!

I don't iron clothes. I have an iron. It has been used on those little melting beads the kids play with and I do iron cross stitch projects when I am done. NOTHING else. husband is good with an iron so if he needs something ironed he can do it himself. I don't buy clothing that needs to be ironed. Or anything else.