Anyone want a Jamie update?

DammitJanet

Its been awhile since I have done a Jamie update so I thought I would post one.

Our goofy ADHD almost 23 year old young man is doing rather well for himself. He has been out of the Marines since mid February and was accepted into the ranks of the Stafford County Va Deputy sheriffs Department as an Animal Control Officer. He loves his job. He had his firearms test recently and scored the highest he could score! (Thank you USMC!)

He loves driving all over the back roads in his truck catching bats, possums, and raccoons. He did say the raccoons scare him though! Cant say as I blame him there...lol.

He had a really lovely baby shower on the 12th of May where he proposed to his girlfriend Billie and their baby is due in mid-July. Im really wondering if she will last that long because she is already huge! This is gonna be a big baby. Of course, Jamie was a big baby at 9 pounds even and 24.5 inches long! Poor Billie!

This all goes to show that ADHD isnt a life sentence of doom and gloom. Jamie is a success story. He is doing all a parent could hope for with his life. He left home at 18 and his responsible for everything in his life. He isnt perfect by any means but he is good enough to pass all the background checks that law enforcement did...lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

I'm so happy for Jamie. :grin: I have a feeling he's gonna make a great Daddy. You should be proud of him. :bravo:

Hugs

LittleDudesMom

Janet,

Is he in stafford county va?

Both my kids and I love the Animal Precinct show on Animal Planet about the animal cops! Cool job. Gives us other moms hope :smile:

Sharon

busywend

Awesome update! Wonderful he loves his career so much!

Congrats on the new baby on the way! And now a daughter-in-law!

On_Call

Janet,

What a great post. Thank you, thank you. Goes to show you that the long road can lead to a bright future.

Love your comment about him passing the background checks! :laugh: Too funny!

Good for Jamie - and good for you, too! :wink:

DammitJanet

Yes Sharon...he is living just up the road from you...lol. In fact, I may be moving up there if the planets align just right. We wont be moving there permanently but we may go up and stay for awhile.

If Billy gets this job he is applying for down here and Cory is out of the house, then we are free to travel.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow - what a great post, Janet! Thanks so much for updating. It sure is encouraging to read such wonderful success stories. And congrats to Billie too!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thanks for the update! It's great when they find a job they like......encouragement for the rest of us....

Wow! What an awesome post to read! Way To Go Jamie! How cute about him proposing at the baby shower, I assume she said yes?? LOL!!

He sounds like he will be a wonder dad and husband.

Hugs and thanks for the good news,
Vickie

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You give me hope.

Any chance he wants to come mentor a difficult child 1 that's not doing quite so well?