Anyone want to talk about TV shows?

Kathy813

Staff member
It was well done I thought, until the middle or so, when everybody else seems to be able to run into the bad guy, except for the Swat team.

:rofl:

That was funny, Pony. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Suz ~ I didn't know anyone else was a Say Yes to the Dress fan. I am addicted to it. It always amazes me when they pick dresses that cost $12.000. Who could afford to spend that on one dress?

I usually watch Four weddings after that. I never seem to pick the one that is going to win, though.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kathy, I know. I can't imagine spending that amount of money on a dress either.

I only watched Four Weddings a couple of times. Maybe they were exceptions but it made me sad to hear them criticize and rate each other's weddings just so they'd get a trip. I would have hated anyone to critique my unconventional wedding, even for a honeymoon.

Pony- I wondered the same thing about SWAT. I thought for sure that they'd get him while he and McDreamy were on the catwalk. I mean, it was floor to ceiling windows, for heaven's sake!

Suz

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
I have only started watching Grey's and DWTS this year. I did watch last season of the Bachelor. Ended up seeing an episode and got caught up in it.

OMG the Grey's finale was amazing! Poor Meredith, it was really touching when she just kept going through the miscarriage. Her character is well written and she is an amazing actress. Lexi and Karev I never thought would make it this far. I missed a couple of episodes. I can't see Lexi with McSteamy though. He just isn't mature enough - everything is me me me me me with him. Christina was amazing the way she kept on operating with the gun at her head.

DWTS - I am all for Nichole!! She is SO amazingly talented. I also like Erin. She has such a great sense of humor and it is fun to watch her and Max tease each other. I never though Chad would make it as far as he did when I saw him in the first few weeks. He really improved. It would be really amazing to see a season with stars who had NO dance background, but I am not sure how easy that would be to find.

I got caught up in The Bachelor last season, like with DWTS. Just ran across it and was bored with reruns. I really liked Ali on the last season and she is a great choice for this season.

I am also a HUGE Bones fan. THAT finale was awesome. Leaves a lot of ???? for how next season will happen. I also love Castle, NCIS, all of the CSI's, and any L&O. L&O conflicts with what husband likes to watch so I don't see it often. I watch a bunch of other crime shows so I can give on that one. I MISS Grissom on CSI. Anyone know what is up with his marriage to Sara? Why is she in LV and he is off somewhere??

Anyone want to splinter off into a "Crime TV" thread, and keep this one for DWTS and Bachelor and CA, Grey's, etc???

Kathy813

Staff member
Anyone else watch DWTS tonight? Life is so not fair . . . that should have been Maks and me on that bed tonight.

:not_fair:

~Kathy

DammitJanet

Kathy, I could so see you there in Maks arms in that bed...truly I could. I think that is why he had that little bobble in the routine. He was thinking of you! She isnt half the woman you are!

SRL

The only shows that I watch are Chuck (our whole family is a fan!) and American Idol. We've been so disappointed with AI this year that my daughter who has been a HUGE fan the past seasons has quit watching.

My daughter was so excited about Glee after watching the pilot. It took me exactly one regular episode to decide the content wasn't suitable for my preteen. She was so disappointed.

We'll probably watch So You Think You Can Dance. Glad it's back to summer.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Wow! I'm so out of touch with what's going on.....I spend many of my evenings in my art studio or playing piano (therapy). I catch reruns of NCIS, Criminal Minds. I've been watching many independent movies...the most heart touching being Iris. A wonderful life story about author Iris Murdoch.

The television is mostly on for noise....human voices

When I decide to watch I check my on demand & pick something to watch. I better work out a better schedule so I can talk intelligently with you all.

busywend

I am a 'Say Yes to the Dress' addict. And I watch Four Weddings. It could be that I am interested because I am getting married this year so it all applies so much right now for me. I love seeing what other people have at their weddings.

What about HOUSE???!!! Doesn't anyone watch that anymore? Cuddy broke it off with her fiance to be with House!!!!

Loved the 24 Series Finale last night. I will miss it. Been a fan since day 1.
Lost was great!
Grey's Anatomy, Brothers & Sisters, Desperate Housewives - all great finales.

N

Nomad

I don't watch much TV...the last few years have been sparse.
But, I still like The Big Bang Theory.
Can't stand "The Office" and I'm not into reality shows (seems many people really like them though!)
Some shows I like are: Modern Family, Terms of Engagement and 30 Rock. Many folks tell me House is great...gotta see that!
Still like to take a look at TLC, although sometimes they are a little too intense.
When is What not to Wear on? I use to catch it sometimes in the afternoons if I'm home (I work at night ususally)...but haven't seen it in a few months????? I like that show a lot.
Still kina like Oprah and The Doctors. I tape these shows and check out the topics. I probably watch every 4th show (at my convenience).
I seem to still gravitate toward my books...but a good show is lots of fun!