Anyone Watching 'On the Lot'?

On_Call

I have watched it so far, as there isn't much on these days. Some of the directors are really out there. I loved Gary Marshall's comment that sometimes you go really far out with something and realize there's nobody out there with you. lol Unfortunately, that particular director was saved from the axe and will be back next week.

I don't know if the show will keep my interest for the entire summer, and the host is a beatiful girl that obviously didn't have to prove she could read - or even talk coherently for that matter - before getting the job, but for now, it has been interesting enough to keep my attention.

Just wondered if anyone else was following it?

Yep, husband and I are giving it a try. Our oldest easy child would love to get into making movies, she is so artistically inclined, she should have tried out for OTL! But she is extrememly shy, couldn't quite see her in front of the cameras!

I also love So You Think You Can Dance, as does husband and Aly. Tonight and tomorrow night are slated for that.

It will be interesting to see how the directors do with all the different genres of movies.

Hugs,
Vickie

On_Call

It is worth checking out, anyway, isn't it? Something different.

You're right - I am interested to see what genres they come up with and what the directors do with it. I mean, truthfully, the one guy did an action trailer on one-minute comedy night, and made it through, so I guess we have no idea what we're in for.

Luminosity

I have been sort of keeping track of OTL.... There are some good directors and there are some well you know where that is headed.... I also watch So you think you can dance and Canada's Next Top Model started last night so I will be watching that... there is a girl on the show who's home town isn't that far from where I live so I am curious to see how far she makes it.... Summer programming is not the greatest but Big Brother will start soon enough and that is 3 nights a week...LOL.... oh did I mention I am a reality show junky???? :wink:

Lumi

On_Call

I never considered myself to be a reality show junkie, but I guess the first step is admitting it, right? I didn't watch DWTS this time around, but so far that's the only one I've missed. I caught most of So You Think You Can Dance this week.

I think On the Lot will continue to get more interesting as time goes by and the less than stellar directors are separated and voted out.

I have also decided to skip the Pirate/Survivor reality show starting on CBS this week. Don't think I could stand all the "bly me" talk, etc. Pretty inventive idea, though, considering the box office strength of the Pirates movies.

Luminosity

oh yeah I have seen commercials for the pirates series... didn't appeal to me but I am sure I will watch it..... reality shows are like a bad accident... you don't want to look but you just can't help it!!!!!

Yes the first step is admitting it.... "I am a reality show junky" :smile:

Lumi

DDD

No pirates for me either..lol. Is "On the Lot" like the show where they chose the stars for a broadway show about six months
ago? It was based on West Side Story but I can't remember the name of the show. Old age is heck! LOL! If so I might watch
as it gets near the end. I get very uncomfortable watching poor
performances and the broken hearts caused by the Judges..especially when they laugh at the contestants! Ugs! DDD

Luminosity

On the Lot is about aspiring film directors. The one who wins gets to work with Steven Spielberg and Dreamworks productions. Each week the directors make short films and then people can call in to pick their favourite. It's another Mark Burnett production.

Lumi

DDD

Sounds creative and different. I'll try to catch it this week
and see if I like it. Law & Order reruns are getting to be a bit
boring! LOL DDD