Anyone watching the miners come up?

Mattsmom277

I just watched the first rescue worker go down, they say 3-4 more minutes and he'll be with the men trapped. They expect the first to be sent back up in the next hour or so.

Mattsmom277

First miner is on his way up, maybe another 10 minutes or so and he'll be topside. Technology is fantastic, live feeds from inside the mine with the men, able to see each of them climb into the capsule and ascend into the rock. Wow.

Mattsmom277

I'm watching live on CNN. Just watched the first miner reunited with his family, his little boy was so happy to see his papa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I am, Mattsmom, this is a monumental event. Decades ago, these people would have been considered expendable. I'm a foolish optimist, but watching various ethnic peoples from our world desperately trying to save those who are not related to them, other than we are all children of God, gives me so much hope for the future of our children. My g'father was a miner and quit because of a collapse

Mattsmom277

ThreeShadows, I feel the same as you do. And it gives me hope too.
My brother in law lost his eye in the mine among other injuries, it is a miracle he survived. I know he was planning to watch tonight and I know he's been praying daily.