Anyone worried about tomato safety?

Sara PA

They've deemed safe tomatoes grown in most states. Also safe are all grape, cherry and tomatoes attached to the vine. The FDA has a page on it and they're adding states and countries as they determine them to be not involved in the salmonella outbreak. I'm posting the link because any list I would post will become outdated. http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/tomatoes.html

Abbey

Spork Queen
From working in a grocery store...in the produce area, they have pulled all suspected tomatoes. The ones that remain are the vine ones. Now, do I trust these people? Somewhat. I know I eat them every day and never had a problem.

Abbey

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
we're in NJ so our NJ beefsteaks are just about ready to go that we have growing in the backyard, we also seem to have an abundance of strawberries growing this year!

Wiped Out

Staff member
All of the restaurants around here have stopped serving them! I miss them! Last week my student teacher brought me some from the farmer's market:)

KTMom91

At this time of year, I get all that good stuff from the farmer's market. We have a great one every Friday night, complete with a band, and dancing, and some of the most wonderful food ever...