Anything natural for allergies?

mom_in_training

Lately I have been feeling pretty run down and think I have allergies. Watery eyes, Headache everyday. I do not want to take any medications but thought maybe an herb of some kind could be of some aid in relieving the allergie issue and regain my energy.

tiredmommy

Check with your local farmer's markets to see if you can buy some locally harvested honey, it will contain many of the same pollens and spores you are dealing with now and should help to build up your resistance.

There are other things you can do as well. I use nasal saline solution twice a day. Try to keep your windows closed if possible. Don't wear outside shoes in the house. I think their may be a few threads in the Natural Treatment and Early Childhood Archives that will give you some other ideas.

Lothlorien

Boiron makes an allergy relief tablet with herbs in it. If you check your local health food store, you could probably find it. The package just says ALLERGY. You have to take several a day for it to be effective.

If you are suffering with sinuses, Kalibichromium or Pulsatillla is wonderful. There is also a procudt by Hyland's that is called SINUS and they combine those two with chamomilla and I swear that stuff works great...with no side effects. My husband has high blood pressure and can't take decongestants, but he can take pulsatilla.